Drunk/High/Sober Venting Thread

We’re back in business, y’all

Does anyone still watch the Challenge in mtv? I’m other words, how embarrassed should I be?

I don’t even know what it is and I feel like you should probably be embarrassed.

4 Likes

I was relying on gifts from friends before, but now there’s a dispensary in my town.

I was gonna take a break from drinking for a little bit, but I just hurt my back at the gym, so that kind of defeated a lot of the purpose of the why. And I have a Zoom wedding on Saturday so I’m gonna put it off until then.

It was my younger sister’s birthday on Friday, so I sent her a happy birthday message and texted for a bit. We were talking about visiting and I made the mistake of mentioning we might once it’s safe. Which of course led to some COVID-denial spiel and passive-aggressive comments. My favorite of which is, coming from my sister who has spent maybe a total of six months outside of our hometown, was a mother almost as soon as she was an adult, and has no other real-life experience, “Maybe you should consider looking at things from a different perspective and consider they might be right.” I wanted to ask her about a time she’d ever considered a different perspective that didn’t come from the people immediately around her that she’s known her whole life. I don’t do passive-aggressive well at all.

I didn’t, because at this point I’ve largely made peace with the fact that they don’t listen to me and nothing I can say will change their minds on anything. But then I started thinking about the whole situation: My family lives pretty much in the middle of hurricane central, in a state that doesn’t take COVID seriously, in a community that doesn’t take COVID seriously. My parents are in their mid-70s. Between all that, and my general pessimism about COVID and climate change and the thought that things are getting worse much faster than we want to admit to ourselves, there’s a good chance I’ll never see them again, because they’ll never leave and I’ll never feel like it’s safe to go there.

It’s a bummer, man. I didn’t ever really want to head back south even before this, but now I feel like I’m not going to be able to. I have way more obligations to keeping the two of us safe than visiting them again. But the thought of not seeing most of my family ever again still makes me sad.

On the bright side, I just realized we got Sheldon Adelson and Rush Limbaugh in the same year. And it’s only mid-February!

10 Likes

The “open your mind” thing from the most intolerant, closed minded people on early sends my lawnmower into perma-orbit. I’m sorry, man.

1 Like

Incase any of you peeps need a wee sabbatical

https://mobile.twitter.com/nktpnd/status/1369751297654730752

I’m new to the weed game and I’ll say I’m an indica person. Sativa makes me paranoid and way too self aware. Indica blows my balls off, tho.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty standard, I think. Some sativas make me too anxious but others are really good for me. I like the lemon or lemon-adjacent ones, but the blueberry ones like Blue Dream make me really anxious and paranoid. Something like Lemon OG Kush is my favorite, a good uplifting sativa crossed with a good relaxing, pain-relieving indica.

3 Likes

Wait, have I been using ‘blows my balls off’ wrong all these years?

Indica is good for bedtime. Not much else. Hybrids and sativas for functionality.

1 Like

lol how would you use it

well like i said i’m new, so i’m up for a hybrid. zenleaf.com

give me a rec

If they have Grapefruit sativa, I’ve found that it’s the best one for if you want to elevate before a cardio workout.

2 Likes

lol my biggest cardio workout now that temps have gotten into the 50s-60s is a half hour walk, but i’ll prob still give it a shot.

1 Like

I mean, I use it as a good thing, but your post seemed to indicate it was bad

I’m watching the Grammys Grammies Grambys and I just heard WAP for the first time

Megan Thee Stallion has a great name and a great act.

Do we wish Rush was alive again just so we could hear his reaction to this performance tomorrow?

Yes

Because then we could celebrate him dying again

2 Likes

Would a taste test for toast be called a taste toast?

1 Like