Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

I think you’d need some global failure in EV transportation for that to happen. Tesla is already so massive with a headstart to fuck up bad enough for GM or someone to take over if the demand is there to happen.

But are they going to morph into something like a cloud provider that we can’t even imagine yet? There’s only so many cars and battery systems you can sell to the whole world.

No one’s saying TSLA is going to die. Just that the stock could fall 80-90% and still be pricey.

Tesla vehicles is amazon’s “they sell books” or pokerstars “it’s a tournament site.”

Dude they are building electric cars that drive themselves. I would say that there is a huge range of potential in terms of what they could morph into.

Right. And everyone claims it.

I worked for business.com in 2004, a 3rd rate search engine that only existed because of the domain name, yet still employed 120 people.

We had a pie-in-the-sky growth story.

Did you guys every do anything as impressive as this?

Lol what is the secret they think will be revealed? They openly said why they cancelled the account of every account they cancelled including the fat orange pile of human excrement.

Isn’t Tesla way behind on the self-driving thing? Are they going to launch a self-driving Uber?

I mean sure they could morph into something we can’t imagine. But again, that actually happening for an already high-flyer is extremely rare - like a handful of times ever. You can’t count on it.

And even with Amazon, you could have made a ton more selling in 1999, then buying back in years later when it started to become apparent they actually were morphing t to something much more than a retailer. You didn’t have to buy and hold blind the whole time.

Isn’t Tesla way behind on the self-driving thing?

Well, maybe I am wrong then if this is true.

uber had to cut a lot of vanity projects. i believe self driving took a hit.

ultimately ai will assist drivers first, but it won’t replace them for awhile. consumer selff-driving isn’t too far away, but it’s not quite what has been promised either

This is no longer true. Tesla made $3.3 billion in Q1. A 90% price drop would give them a single-digit PE. I haven’t dug into this extensively, but it seems like there’s an outside chance that they’re the most profitable automaker in the world this year. And they’re serving like 1% of their addressable market.

1 Like

I obviously don’t disagree that tesla as well as the entire market is overpriced but I responded to a post I think, that said they were high flying with a future fantasy growth. They own 80% of the EV market and a bunch of states require emission free cars by 2025, if not they get regulartory credits (currently tesla) to meet requirements. Sure, it could all fall apart, but with info we have they are positioned insanely well and are already massive.

They aren’t 20x the size of ford because of reddit nerds pushing up the price.

Obviously only conservatives are fit to work in government, policing, media, tech companies, and in teaching. Liberals can like dig ditches and wait tables.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1217534078775283712?s=20&t=ilrDiagsLPgSkSWF-VTFvA

2 Likes

Ben Shapiro: Fire all the libs at Twitter!!!

Also Ben Shapiro: We must end cancel culture and calling for the firing of people!!!

1 Like

We should all be pro cancel culture to trigger the cons.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1519145293287092225

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519151823831060481

Oh great. Cernovich has Musk’s ear.

I dont love apple but they’ve been working on fully autonomous cars for at least 7 years now with a functionally unlimited budget. I’m quite confident they are sitting on technology Tesla doesn’t have. That’s also probably true for GM and others who have to actually care about liability, from which Tesla is exempt because lol law and lol cults.

1 Like

Autonomous cars are years away.

Turn out that solving the first 98% of the problem was easier than the next 1%, and that 1% is easier than the next 0.1%… and so on.

2 Likes

Tesla is valued at its current price because a lot of people still think they will be the first with self driving cars which would make it a software type company able to make massive profits from subscription style access to the self driving software. It has nothing to do with the EV part of the company as that market will fracture as car markets have always done otherwise we would still all be driving Ford.
It is still possible Tesla will be first with a fully autonomous car but it doesn’t look good as most scientists believe it can’t be achieved with camera alone which is what Elon insists will work.