Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

WTF is writing checks to mama musk to give ted talks at their corporation?? That has to be satire

Influence peddling is the oxygen of the rich.

Must watch

https://twitter.com/nativeabes/status/1604699389653549056?s=46&t=nP27In-CLBuowRcS8-XPRQ

5 Likes

If someone told me to make a car out of Elon Musk’s face I think it would take me 10 years, if ever, to be able to do it.

1 Like

This is pretty much not a “must watch.”

5 Likes

Strong disagree

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604659441517101056
His political beliefs remain a mystery.

13 Likes

Immigration gets no coverage in America! It’s a real shame. Lol

1 Like

Oh I agree, but how does this even qualify?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WE HAVE A SPECIAL TREAT AT THIS YEAR’S CORPORATE RETREAT! OUR SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER WILL BE THE ONE, THE ONLY…

ELOOOOOOOOOOOON MUSK’s mom!

It reminds me of that old sitcom, the name of which I cant recall at the moment, where the nerdy high school kid tries to get the football team to protect him from some bullies, but instead they send the mascot

1 Like

Probably because conservative voices are being SILENCED, that’s why it’s literally impossible to hear conservative viewpoints in America. WOKE AGENDA!

This is a good point. He could go full “One Billion Americans” or something (Ygelsias argues for mass immigration based on “national greatness”; some libertarians argue for open migration based on economics and human freedom), or even just go with the more racist “let’s let in 20M Chinese and Indian software engineers” common among conservative"intellectuals", or, God forbid, even some original position that he had spent more than a minute thinking about.

But no, with Elon it’s always just the stock Tucker O’Reilly dipshit talking point. Nothing says master of the universe more than being in the thrall of morons.

1 Like

11 Likes

Lol, the most famous undocumented immigrint since John Lennon is just asking questions.

1 Like

He’s more of a Col. Tom Parker. Lennon at least wrote his own songs

Here’s a comment from economic history Prof. Brad DeLong (“Slouching Toward Utopia”):

Tesla’s market capitalization rocketed from $15 billion in July 2019 to a peak of $400 billion and now down to $140 billion; SpaceX’s non-market valuation appears to be around $150 billion, up from, well, not very much in 2019. Forbes guesses Musk is currently worth $180 billion—a 33% ownership share of both companies. Musk is a billionaire, yes, but Musk is a hyperbillioniare only because he, personally, became a meme stock during the plague. Ownership and use of Twitter is a way to maintain that meme-stock celebrity position. In short, this is not “capitalism” as we have known it.

In other words, live by the meme, die by the meme.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EddieAnastasia/status/1604659598413402113

This but not as a joke

Of course the real answer is that they do but nobody fucking cares about those stories.

I keep seeing that tech CEOs are rooting for Musk. I get that they would like to re-establish supreme executive power over the working class and having Elon crush the upstart woke rabble gives them hope but I don’t understand why they aren’t chastened by the hit he and his investors are taking. It’s like the ability to lord it over their lessers is worth more to them than all those extra billions.

2 Likes

Not sure which tech CEOs are thinking this. The companies I know are all laughing at Musk and poached his top SRE’s.

They want to roll back benefits and pay employees less - I don’t think they really care about whether the employees are woke. If Musk crushes employees at Twitter, they can get concessions by threatening to do the same. I’m sure most are wishing Musk wasn’t also doing all the MAGA stuff on Twitter and making it harder for him to succeed.

2 Likes