Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

I don’t think so, at least not without being discovered by the #TwitterFiles.

1 Like

#twitterfiles

https://twitter.com/BigTechAlert/status/1603968005528064001

3 Likes

her youtubes are one of the best, appointment youtubing

1 Like

@elonjet is about to rack up a shitload of followers

As is her play The Prince!!!

review board

“Think of it like Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness meets Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure but with a lot of Shakespeare. And if you think that sounds weird, well…it is. But it’s weirdly wonderful.” — All That Dazzles

https://medium.com/transgender-soapbox/recreating-opening-night-for-abigail-thorns-acclaimed-play-the-prince-f09aebae272b?sk=2da989046bc1db66153d622c57c66852

Hotspur drawing sword

2 Likes

Yeah I gotta get on that Nebula / Curiosity stream thing to watch that

1 Like

He probably fired all the people who could do that.

$15 a year is low enough to shame anyone who doesn’t sign up imo

I picked up hulu black friday for 1.99 a month and I AM TAPPED

If the BF bundle didn’t include ESPN that you never watch then you got scammed

1 Like

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1603985674499231745?s=46&t=C6kcaDhhFUJkuCdCvB-dXA

5 Likes

Made it 57 seconds before I decided it wasn’t parody or satire.

That turned fast. At least he still has Matt?

Any Man: a novel by Amber Tamblyn delivers a stunning chapter told through tweets.

Quotes from a much longer interview:

And though the book has been billed as being “about” a female rapist, the novel is really about victims of sexual violence, who in this case happen to be men. Tamblyn doesn’t want to focus on the pathology of the rapist, but on the legacy of the violation for the victim.

ES: The only character in the novel who doesn’t get to speak firsthand to the reader about his experience is Michael Parker, a man who has recently transitioned when he is attacked. In the chapter that follows that attack, media commentators, public figures, and regular people alike take to Twitter to discuss the crime. In the process, Parker is repeatedly deadnamed and degraded.

AT: I didn’t really even study tweets to write that chapter.

ES: Yeah, you didn’t have to, I bet.

AT: Yeah. The ones I studied a little bit were from the alt-right. I had to familiarize myself with some of the voices, like, Michael Cernovich…I knew his name but I didn’t know how he talked so I went and looked at that. But you know, Alex Jones and Gavin McInnes, those type of people were really easy, but also so were my own kind, people that I know and love. Also another conversation I’m having within the tweet chapter is about the amount of retweets, likes, and comments each tweet has. You’ll find layered throughout the chapter that there will be one of a girl saying like, “I was raped outside of my dorm and I have no one to talk to about it.” And there will be like one like, one comment, and zero retweets, right next to a Jim Gaffigan joke about [the book’s serial rapist] Maude, which will have hundreds of thousands of likes. Those tweets, that I layered in there, and that one in particular, are real tweets from Twitter. They are the only real ones that are in there. I don’t know if I’ve ever said that, but I actually went and found them by searching particular terms. I wanted to find women who had actually expressed that.

Those were moments that were [helping me ask]: what is real, what is hyperreal, what is life imitating art, what is art imitating life? It was important for me to say that there’s something real about all this, literally and metaphorically. When it is all on the page it’s a very damning piece of evidence about how we all work together — what our culture is doing right now, and how it is helpful and harmful all at once.

ES: Yes, I like the idea that the chapter is a sort of snapshot of a cultural moment. It also makes me think about the way that tweets can transform what might be testimony — in a court of law, or just necessary personal testimony — into a currency that influences our culture. As you show, Katy Perry can tweet about something and that sentiment has more currency than the testimony of someone who is actually experiencing the thing Perry is advocating for.

AT: Or even just the references to Amanda Palmer writing an album about Maude, and having a Kickstarter page to fund that project. Commodification is really the part that is worrisome. Again, I include myself in these conversations. I think about it constantly. I’ve been writing far longer than the beginning of #metoo, but I’ve been privileged to become a contributing writer for the New York Times and sell a book of essays since the movement started. I’ve been able to do those things because of #metoo. On those backs, on these stories, on these experiences. [I don’t neglect] the question of what active work I’m doing to be a real ally, to really examine what that looks like, to not just be an ally that benefits myself.

1 Like

It’s super weird how much Musk seems to think his private business is some kind of arm of the government. Does he even know what Vox Populi Vox Dei means?

I’m lazy, what does it mean?

The voice of the people is the voice of God. I think it was first coined satirically though.

Lol yeah that sounds like some shit.

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1604198150247440384

18 Likes