6 Likes

caddyshack-ted-knight

5 Likes

Deux ex, I think

1 Like

Sparkling Water Black Cherry & Peach ftw

Maybe?

1 Like

What kind of neanderthal drinks store-bought vanilla Coke? I order regular Coke from Mexico and age it in used oak barrels for three months.

23 Likes

:vince3:

Vanilla Coke and Vanilla Dr. Pepper are vastly improved experiences on the default, that much I will agree with

Look at security concerns using mastodon. It’s a pretty fair article,

#musk4manchin

I’m hearing even worse things about Hive’s infrastructure.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/30/sam-bankman-fried-twitter-stake-interview

The concern that each Mastodon instance is individually installed and that security can vary widely is valid, and also something casual users are going to have a hard time understanding.

But this part:

Expecting volunteers to perform at the same scale as a centralized platform is unrealistic, to say the least.

That’s the very old ‘open source can’t be secure’ argument and we have ~30 years of history showing it to be very wrong. Most of the internet runs on open source software. 70% of mobile device OS’s are based on open source software.

I literally fact checked you cause I couldn’t believe IOSs market share is that low but you are correct. You learn something very day!

The Cult of Apple distorts perception. Go buy a cheap tablet and slum it up with the rest of us.

3 Likes

5 Likes

What is funny is they listed discourse as one of the platforms that use similar open source tools/programs.

I just got some zero calorie Dr Pepper cream soda, hope it doesn’t suck.

Yeah, and other than having update notifications, it has all of the potential security concerns as Mastodon.