Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Lol yep he’s on the brink of denying climate change to get more hearts from his fans

1 Like

Never has anyone been higher on their own supply.

3 Likes

Does he really own that much of it that he’s immune from this?

Trump? I mean I guess he was pretty deranged before the presidency and getting all the fanbois

He owns a lot, but the bigger problem is the board is a bunch of Musk slappies, including his own brother

Elon pretending to help the kids trapped in a cave and calling the rescue diver a pedophile should have been a clue that this guy is completely unhinged.

11 Likes

He did a merger, I think with his solar energy company, that was a blatant conflict of interest and terrible deal for Tesla but I think he got away with it because the “independent” board members (LOL) cleared it. Corporate governance in USA #1 is just plain awful but there is a decent argument for “then don’t buy the stock.”

Elon has been mad at ESG at least since Tesla was dropped from the S&P ESG index back in May. The company got good scores for EVs, but bad marks for allegations of harassment/discrimination and other poor working conditions…

"However, one familiar name may stick out as being absent from that list: Tesla. Tesla was ineligible for index inclusion due to its low S&P DJI ESG Score,3 which fell in the bottom 25% of its global GICS® industry group peers. It joins Berkshire Hathaway, Johnson & Johnson and Meta, which have once again met the index methodology’s chopping block (see Exhibit 4).

But, how can a company whose self-declared mission is to “accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy” not make the cut in an ESG index? There are many reasons.

First and foremost, the GICS industry group in which Tesla is assessed (Automobiles & Components) experienced an overall increase in its average S&P DJI ESG Score. So, while Tesla’s S&P DJI ESG Score has remained fairly stable year-over-year, it was pushed further down the ranks relative to its global industry group peers.4 A few of the factors contributing to its 2021 S&P DJI ESG Score were a decline in criteria level scores related to Tesla’s (lack of) low carbon strategy5 and codes of business conduct.6 In addition, a Media and Stakeholder Analysis,7 a process that seeks to identify a company’s current and potential future exposure to risks stemming from its involvement in a controversial incident, identified two separate events centered around claims of racial discrimination and poor working conditions at Tesla’s Fremont factory, as well as its handling of the NHTSA investigation after multiple deaths and injuries were linked to its autopilot vehicles. Both of these events had a negative impact on the company’s S&P DJI ESG Score at the criteria level, and subsequently its overall score. While Tesla may be playing its part in taking fuel-powered cars off the road, it has fallen behind its peers when examined through a wider ESG lens."

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/rschooley/status/1596602534629515265

16 Likes

This has stuck me. The right needs villains, whether it’s antifa, blm, sjw’s, communists in the govt/the army (McCarthy), or the Elders of Zion. Afaik, there is no antifa, sjw, or blm organization (there may be some grifters who claim to be BLM). Now, there are no ghosts or chi, but that doesn’t stop a lot of time and attention being applied to such things, with real world effects.

The problem with attacking fake leftist groups is that the attacks take place in the actual world, with consequences that affect real things, such as policies aimed at “antifa” that actually affect broader political participation, returning god to his rightful place in public education and politics, or various witch hunts.

So, when I see people like musk talking about antifa it makes me concerned because I worry about what real world steps they plan to take based on the fake knowledge they have obtained.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1597047483364159490

1 Like

Could musk take Twitter public again? Basically pump the stock through a hunch of crazies again?

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1596979678962601984

Comedy is legal now

8 Likes

Kinda funny how every old money racist idiot is up 1000% on their professional sports franchises since the 80s.’ But that’s not good enough for 'ol Elon. He’s gotta buy and over-valued unprofitable tech company for above market rates.

1 Like

Does make me kind of crave Musk buying an NFL team

4 Likes

Are the Redskins for sale?

2 Likes

Would be perfect. Another free speech purchase for him

This is the kind of thing you tweet when you’re definitely not big mad.

2 Likes

Twitter is off a size that it probably can’t downsize gracefully. So if advertisers leave then Musk and friends either need to pump additional billions into a dying company or you get failures that quickly cascade to a point where the app becomes unusable. Getting more bots, spammers etc is really bad because they don’t provide revenue but do require more resources.