Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Tesla has done some good things, mainly building a brand and their supercharger network is pretty impressive. From a quality perspective their cars are mostly shit. While software updates that can be done over the air to fix issues with cars are going to become more frequent, the cost of not getting it right the first time is still pretty high. My guess is Tesla will have some serious staying power in the EV industry even as other competitors (and god help us some from China) start fully ramping up and EV acceptance increases.

I went to the doctor today. He said he was appalled by the tracks in my arms. I just nodded and smiled.

If Elon keeps this up, I will be the second Mother Superior. It’s gets better by the day!

ETA: Software & Server Company. LOL

2 Likes

Tesla reported positive net income the last 2 years. Maybe most of it is due to government incentives but EV incentives and carbon credits are there for other competitors to come in and take, it’s not like the government handed them an advantage not available to legacy auto manufacturers in the last several years.

There are Teslas all over the roads where I live, by all account most of the owners seem happy with their purchase too, reports about quality issues seem mostly to be amplified by people who don’t drive Teslas.

Maybe the stock is still overvalued but I think we’re at a point where acting like Tesla is a failure is just as cringe as acting like Elon is some kind of Tony Stark.

5 Likes

I was not prepared for the checkov’s gun of racism at the end

https://twitter.com/JoshuaErlich/status/1593231077250043908

I’m pretty sure Sleazebuster is one of my gimmick accounts. At least it should be idk.

At SpaceX it’s really that I’m responsible for the engineering of the rockets and Tesla for the technology in the car that makes it successful,” Musk said.

Responsible is a remarkably versatile word. Useful in a variety of contexts.

1 Like

2 Likes

:vince:

https://twitter.com/capitolhunters/status/1593307541932474368

Might be old news I dunno.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s old news. Musk switching from physics to business has been commonly known for years.

Wikipedia says he got a physics degree.

Two years later, he transferred to the University of Pennsylvania, where he completed studies for a Bachelor of Arts degree in physics and a Bachelor of Science degree in economics from the Wharton School in 1995.

The source for this is a biography called Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future. Few things piss me off more than lying about academic credentials. If he does not have a legit physics degree, fuck this guy.

4 Likes

I didn’t even know a BA in physics is a thing.

I think you’d go that way if you didn’t want to go further in physics. Which is fine. I wouldn’t care if he went around bragging about not having a degree and that he taught himself engineering and he’s the greatest at it. But if he’s claiming a credential he doesn’t have, he’s a fraud.

1 Like

I had to prove I had my degree for my last job, kinda nuts if he got by for that long with that lie

He applied to Netscape and didn’t get the job. Other than that, he’s never been in a position where he needed it, AFAIK.

1 Like

It’s interesting. I was temporarily doing some graduate recruitment for my current employer for the 2023 intake and part of that task was contacting universities to confirm degree and graduation status. Apparently a new thing this year so I’m guessing somebody pulled a Musk and got caught since the last graduate intake. Or maybe employers in general are less trusting now

1 Like

There’s a funny story about the physcist David Albert, who got to the point of defending his dissertation, which was on a topic he hadn’t wanted to work on. He was asked to make minor revisions. He didn’t want to so he just didn’t. Technically, he didn’t complete the PhD requirements but went on with his career anyway and nobody would ever have been the wiser if he hadn’t told the story. I think that’s hilarious but it’s very different in my view from what Musk is doing (maybe, I guess we don’t know for sure?).

What’s the big deal? Economics is just the physics of money. :troll:

3 Likes