Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

OK, fine.

The first link I posted goes into this a bit, but also, why are we moving people off welfare? How come people on welfare are the only ones who have to give up stuff to qualify for the $1,000?

How about people on welfare get the $1,000 no strings attached and rich people have to give up capital gains deductions to qualify?

I don’t disagree with that, but people on welfare won’t necessarily give anything up. Some of them could be moved to an income where they don’t qualify. Mainly though, the characterization that this dismantles the social safety net is absurd. No one would be receiving less aid from the government than they did, which is a stark contrast to the welfare reform you mentioned.

1 Like

That Mother Jones article is horrible.

He doesn’t wear a tie.

A whole lot of stuff about him wanting to regulate these companies.

He said something that Milton Friedman said.

Some fans posted a pepe memes. Jesus Christ, the thought that some anonymous “supporters” on twitter posted something being legit criticism is ridiculous.

Jesus Christ, again with the no tie.

I mean, fuck, he had a platform - how about they talk about that? He has M4A on it, so like that’s the big thing that the Democratic Party isn’t doing because it would take the business away from giant health insurance companies, but he’s the libertarian tearing down government.

2 Likes

My biggest problem with Yang was this little arc

1. Early in the campaign he promised to support the eventual D nominee
  2. When his campaign ended, he immediately went to CNN to take a paid commentary gig.
  3. He endorsed Biden from this platform, saying that the “math” made it clear. This was a straight up lie and subversion of the Democratic process.

I find it very hard to buy a “Yang is a completely selfless great guy that wants to help” narrative when he used the end of his campaign to enrich himself and endorse the establishment that does not support the universal reforms that he claims to support.

5 Likes

Who makes this claim?

1 Like

To be fair he is not for single payer out of the gate, he wants to transition to it.

Bernie needed something like 75-80% of the remaining votes when he said that.

Fifty new posts in the Tesla thread? Wonder what’s going on.

Oh. OH.

1 Like

Elon put a rose in his twitter and is trolling them now

1 Like

https://twitter.com/berniesanders/status/1286809839499464704?s=21

10 Likes

Bernie is not having it with this rose emoji trolling.

There’s an updated version of the weird nerds meme in the comments
https://twitter.com/ExtraHighMarx/status/1286812391192383488

1 Like

I don’t think that promising to support the eventual nominee requires one to be silent until the nominee is determined. I also don’t see a subversion of the process.

Elon, shut up and keep the patches coming for my car. That’s all you’re good for anymore.

2 Likes

She deleted her tweet quickly enough.

His is still there.

https://twitter.com/loudmouthjulia/status/1286872950415687680

He’s mentally ill. And an asshole. It’s not going to end well.

1 Like

If you’re as rich as musk you can’t be mentally ill. You’re just ‘eccentric’.

6 Likes

Its really weird that mentally ill assholes keep ending up in charge of America’s largest corporations.

1 Like

I’m pretty confident that a huge proportion of the billionaires we collectively idolize are actually just fiending money addicts constantly chasing the next high. IMO every time Musk or Bezos screws over their workers (or the environment, or the public) for added profits it should be viewed like the teenager in a meth commercial who destroys his parents’ house looking for change. These people are burning everyone around them just to feed their addiction.

3 Likes

How dare you attack the Job Creators!