Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

not really, because they pretty much (or should have) known what they were signing up for, I’m not sure how any twitter employee could have predicted elon would sp*z out and buy twitter because he got his fee fee’s hurt, I’m sure many of them would have made different decisions with that knowledge beforehand

He’d have to say quite a bit of heinous shit imo to lose enough advertising to screw things up with all of the attention twitter is going to get now. I mean they are in competition with Facebook. I’d imagine that the bar is lower for him than the last guy but he is obviously dumber.

Well I referenced the neurolink folks, I assume they were acquired years ago, and obv there’s Tesla and SpaceX. There should be some degree of shame associated with working for him.

1 Like

I feel like he is just trying to fuck things up so hard that the company collapses under its own weight, which I frankly think would be funny. The thing is a huge drag on journalism and limits free speech more than it facilitates it. I see no reason to wish it anything other than a humorous demise.

1 Like

Sometimes these really awful companies are structured in an enticing way for talented engineers.

For instance, I was briefly interviewing with Meta, and what was described to me by their HR guy and confirmed by some colleagues that work there sounded absolutely wonderful, like a literal engineer’s paradise.

It does not sound like Elon likely built something like that, despite supposedly having been an engineer, but I have no way of knowing that really, just a guess from observing his management style. Say what you will about Cuckerturd, but I do believe he’s a pretty good CEO/manager until this metaverse debacle (ethics and being a horrible person issues aside, of course)

This is true. I was in an aerospace engineering program recently and both the kids and professors talked about space x as if it was some prestigious place to work. I never got used to hearing serious people talk about a Musk company like that. Still to this day I don’t know if they were ignorant of the horror stories about his expectations and treatment of employees or if the engineering challenges there were just so interesting and unique that they were willing to look past it.

I’m not sure if developing algorithms to identify and promote Nazi speech has the same draw as building a control system to land an extremely unstable rocket on a boat though.

2 Likes

I have seriously considered trying to work at Space X. I’m not even interested in the flying rockets stuff, but recognize that is what would excite a lot of other folks. Starlink and moreso just an internet that is accessible to anyone anywhere is a product I would be proud to work on. I grew up in a rural area and understand that getting quality internet to rural locations is an expensive pain, so “empowering” folks to have quality broadband is where I would gain the most enjoyment.

The Elon thing always turns me away though.

12 Likes

I dunno, Facebook has been part of that elite collection of tech letters for a long time

2 Likes

What I heard is that SpaceX is actually the same as all other companies that push boundaries. Long hours in exchange for working on new technologies and getting a resume which makes your next job easy and well paid. No different to AWS, Apple, Google etc. Musk actually hired some really good people early on for SpaceX that managed to implement the idea of reusable rockets that a lot of others thought was unrealistic and managed to keep Musk in check. NASA and FAA also have a lot of influence to prevent Musk from causing havoc at SpaceX.
None of that goes for any of his other companies and I would never work for those. Twitter is screwed if Musk keeps this up as there is plenty of demand for a subset of its employees that are needed to keep it up and running.

Blue sky might be promising.

Bluesky
This one is not quite online yet. The promising soon-to-be-launched platform is being created by one of Twitter’s own founders, Jack Dorsey. Bluesky, also known as “Bluesky Social,” started as a Twitter nonprofit initiative in 2019 under Dorsey when he was still the company’s CEO. Bluesky differs from Twitter and most major social media platforms with its decentralized protocol. The company says that Bluesky users will have control of their own data and the algorithms. Bluesky also touts “account portability,” meaning that users will be able to own their own published content and move their posts across different social networks.

You can join their wait list here : https://bsky.app/

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/1587281475694739456

This is going swimmingly. I don’t know how ANYONE with options of a different job would continue to work there.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Shauncore/status/1587271301927997440

So glad the twitter shareholders and C-level guys got to make a ton more money by forcing this sale. Can’t see us looking back on this as a very unfortunate turning point. No sir.

3 Likes

Hate it when shareholders and board members do a capitalism

5 Likes

lol this almost certainly violates laws in half a dozen countries off the top of my head

Chicago Sunroof

if you worked at twirtter, elon and the saudis were already some of biggest shareholders

1 Like

:kermit: :kermit: :kermit:
:stabby: :stabby: :stabby:

3 Likes

Yeah but Jack was totes cool with nazis and now he’s out

I looked at how to do this and I’m definitely going to pull the data at the very least because the code to do that will take like 15 minutes. Whether I get around to doing anything with the data once I have it we’ll see. I assume I’m not the only one to have this idea.

1 Like