Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Saudi’s are unloading a ton of money on has been golfers. They are paying for influence, not investing.

1 Like

They’re going to lose even more money on twitter than they will on their stupid ass complete failure of a golf league, which is in turn way less than they’re losing investing in lol SoftBank, which is in turn like 20x less than they’re wasting on building a one building 50 mile long city.

1 Like

I’m just trying to wrap my head around Elon’s daily schedule. He runs Tesla, SpaceX, starlink, and now Twitter. How can he be involved in any substantive planning or execution for any of these companies? He’s a one day a week ceo.

I still can’t believe Hyperloop was a thing or that anyone ever took him seriously after that.

4 Likes

Vine and periscope both should come back. Twitter was dumb not figuring out how to make those long term things. Especially given what’s happened w tiktok.

He probably shows up every few weeks to bitch and criticize and insist a bunch of terrible and/or impossible ideas get implemented immediately. Then disappears to tweet, or call a guy a pedo, or…

One million fake Elon’s w blue check marks might end up being a thing.

1 Like

CEO’s can be as involved or uninvolved as they want to. As long as you have a strong operations crew and people watching finance and legal, you can dip in and out pretty easy.

I suspect Elon spends more time role playing an engineer than a CEO.

Elon strikes me as a guy who gets an idea and then demands others execute it. I don’t think he is taking on a lot of planning responsibilities.

hyperloop was a ploy to interfere with existing public transport development.

FYP

6 Likes

Can you imagine still working for Elon? Like assuming we ever get back to anything mattering, imagine having “helped world’s richest nazi develop brain computer interface technology” as a thing you did.

1 Like

Which few things

Elon is the biggest cult leader in the world. He has no shortage of supporters and workers, as long as he is paying decently.

can you imagine the rollercoaster of being even a low-level engineer at twitter with a huge % of your compensation in stock (not that their base is poor, but typically these companies offer enticing stock compensation options) and having to ride the rollercoaster of the last several months “will he or won’t he” literally fucking with a significant portion of your net worth, and then surviving that to this stage, only to have this tremendous asshole immediately ask for an insanely stupid feature that’s likely trivial to implement on an engineering level but the organizational hoops required to implement it are almost certainly going to result in a suicide mission for whatever poor team gets assigned it?

yea, that imagination is my best guess, but holy fuck it must be miserable, especially for people trying to survive until some vesting date.

1 Like

I can imagine working for Elon while waiting for the perfect moment to take my revenge.

By which I mean the Saran wrap toilet prank, obviously.

1 Like

They live in a fucking desert! It’s literally just empty land and sunshine. They could be spending this money on the capture and storage of solar energy and enshrine their position at the top of the energy market until the sun dies while also (incidentally) helping save the planet. But nah what we really need is a company that buy offices and sublets them to assholes with free beer.

1 Like

We call it “seagull management”

Fly in, take a shit on everything, fly off

6 Likes

stats related things

Everything 538 tries to do with stats (except politics? Or maybe not even except politics) is done way better by other freely available, well-known public sources, to say nothing of all the private stuff in use out there

1 Like

I’m not totally unsympathetic, but do you feel the same empathy for the people who keep the lights on at truth social?