Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

I hate the world.

He’s an awful person doing things awful people do.

3 Likes

And then awful people win, create the awful dystopia they dream of, and consolidate their awful power.

That’s just how the world works.

My Twitter usage was already down to like following 5 accounts and Tweeting once a week, but I can pretty safely cut that down to zero now.

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1586707294544400384

I don’t know if Elon has the stamina to be The Main Person on Twitter like Trump did. Elon seems to like to pop up once and a while, Trump did it every day

I think it’s more than that, this isn’t an awful thing, this is just handing money to lawyers

If he keeps this shit up (that Paul Pelosi tweet is completely unhinged), Twitter will pretty quickly just die and lose him some money. That’s probably the most likely scenario at this point. He probably already crossed the line for a bunch of advertisers.

3 Likes

this guy gets it

https://twitter.com/JHWeissmann/status/1586697245738541057

2 Likes

What does pretty quickly mean? Over the next 50 years? I don’t really see it going anywhere, and it’s pretty clear to me that toxic Internet cesspools of bickering and hate isn’t a problem that can be fixed, but rather the sweet spot that makes everyone quiver in delight.

2 Likes

“Twitter, but without nazis” should appear pretty quickly.

1 Like

But nobody will use that. The nazis wanna nazi, and the non-nazis wanna get their delight fixes out of dunking on nazis.

4 Likes

Someone needs to foot the bill to keep the site up and running for the Nazis. Will Musk be able to convince enough deplorable billionaires to throw “investments” into it to keep it running? Maybe, there’s a huge benefit to the wealthy fascists to have a propaganda arm.

I think there’s a market for it. Don’t underestimate the advertisers leaving, and they will. My pillow guy can’t buy enough twitter ads to make $1.2 billion of annual debt service payments.

1 Like

If there’s one thing we’re seeing across the country is that deplorable ideals are rapidly losing popularity, so I assume nazi twitter is gonna dry right up in no time.

5 Likes

Definitely some truth to this, but there is a market for Sanity Social Media, mostly among corporations that want to use social media as a marketing channel and do not want to taint their brands. That may be sufficient, I don’t know.

Are you suggesting that people will pay for their Nazi stuff? I agree that the demand for deplorable ideology remains high and is growing, but it’s also freely available.

1 Like

Get all the journalists to move and Twitter will die. It’s just a link aggregation site with quips.

6 Likes

Yep - as the deplorables continue to take over with the dominant ideology, corporations will need to cater to them more and more to maximize shareholder value.

1 Like

what is “for cause” there? like, “you idiots ran this company into the ground and a let a megalomaniac like me buy you. jfc, how can you be so bad at your jobs? the only thing you did right is hold me to my original offer. which cost me $20b. you are fired.“

1 Like

if you build it, the nazis will come. seriously it’s like the most neoanzi thing ever, to just insist on crashing every forum and to announce that they exist and troll