Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1585801910593802240

Not long… I hate this country. Good thing we continue to support douche bag billionaires!

1 Like

Late stage VC purchase where owners keep pumping money in indefinitely.

TRUMP announces he’s back on Twitter Monday, ready to support an African American business.

Will Bill Mitchell be far behind?

Honestly don’t even know any more.

Elon already did the African American thing iirc so….plausible.

Deplorables think it’s hilarious to refer to Elon as African American. That’s it.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1585509338818420737

1 Like

Just deactivated my account, after 30 days it gets deleted.

4 Likes

Joined Mastodon as google told me that was the best alternative.

1 Like

Is Musk going to promulgate some new rules for Twitter or is he just letting famous people back in?

https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1585814989683642368

12 Likes

So zucc incinerated a mere $15 Billy and meta is imploding.

Elon incinerated $40 B and has less to show for it.

2 Likes

Same. Only had it for the convenience of reading comments on twitter threads posted here.

1 Like

Zuck has incinerated $750 billion of market cap and over $100 billion of his own money still way worse

Elon may well be worse, but this is the same person who watched silently while Trump used Twitter to win the Presidency, then used it as president to savagely attack his opponents while he tried to win reelection. They only dropped him after his attempted putsch failed and he was briefly politically toxic even to some of the right.

I don’t think Musk is going to do a good job, but it really is going to be very difficult for him to do worse.

Oh boy. I don’t know, you’d have to think that amplifying Nazi and Russian propaganda is almost a given, and deleting “liberal” accounts is definitely in play in my opinion.

It’s going to be far worse. Gone will be suspended accounts no matter what you say. Gone will be warnings on tweets for accuracy. In fact, he likely adds suggested flags to patently false news. The media will start again reporting only on every tweet the orange nazi shit out and all analysis will be gone.

It is going to be a true dystopia.

right, that’s what I’m saying, the only cash he actually spent was the $15b, that lead to the asset being devauled by 50x.

It’s possible that zucc figures out this is dumb and pulls the plug, though the market seems pretty sure he’s all in.

Elon has literally incenerated twice as much money and he literally cannot just stop feeding the money pit (he has to make debt payments on the part he’s financed and those payments are going to be higher than TWTR’s revenue, that money has to come from somewhere). He can’t just pull the plug. His assets in Tesla and SpaceX are basically mortgaged to finance his expensive hobby and nobody seems to be pricing this in.

I think the margin loan went away at some point. He did sell a bunch of Tesla stock but its not clear how much money he actually has invested in Twitter. It’s certainly possible he scammed Larry Ellison, MBS and a handful of other billionaire tech bros and oil state jackasses to put up most of if not all the money and that’s why he agreed to close.