Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

He probably got putin to foot the bill in exchange for free reign of Russian propaganda and bots on twitter.

1 Like

This is actual Twitter from two years ago! The likely outcome is that Elon pretends to be aligned with the right the way old Twitter pretended to be aligned with the left, while they both just try to make money off of it.

2 Likes

Trivially, he could do worse by not dropping insurrectionists.

None of the valuations of Meta/FB, Tesla etc ever made sense.

It will be the opposite. Those voices will be amplified.

Don’t worry advertisers! You are content!

Users: :flushed:

Its already happening, a bunch of anti-vax, anti-trans posts all over twitter this morning

I also joined mastodon yesterday. We will see how it goes.

I don’t think you folks are going be happy with Mastodon if it ever gets big. The servers are all self-hosted and the software is open source. Imagine a Reddit where nobody has the authority or ability to close Nazi subs.

I’d say the head of legal affairs did a pretty good job forcing musk to actually buy the company. Odd person to fire.

CEO did pretty amazing too - got paid 3x market value for the company!

2 Likes

Give us a trip report. I’m thinking of jumping onboad.

So far the search function seems poor and I don’t know who to follow. I tried searching for NBA, NFL and Raptors, but got 0 results.

it’s working

nobody is on there

2 Likes

Those network effects tho.

Here’s what needs fixing on twitter. When I see a sick burn there’s no simple way I’ve found to go back to the original tweet.

If it’s a reply you just click on the tweet and it will take you to the same tweet in the thread and then you can scroll up. If it’s an image of the tweet well then you’re SOL.

I’m not seeing an increase, but like 50% of my feed is queer and trans people, so I was already seeing a ton of shit every single day that most people wrongly thought was being expeditiously moderated

2 Likes

If the metal band Mastodon doesn’t have an account, that’s a huge missed opportunity.

4 Likes

I guess I will enjoy watching Musk try to moderate Twitter in the name of freeze peach. Hopefully not too many people get hurt.

1 Like