Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Can we ask if Washington wants to be part of Canada?

1 Like

Link to newsletter sign up?

California, Washington, Oregon and Clark County Nevada secede and form a land bridge connecting Canada and Mexico, to later be joined by New England, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Cook and Lake Counties Illinois, and portions of the Mid-Atlantic along the I-95 corridor extending down to Northern Virginia. Puerto Rico and Hawaii get the invite, too.

I give you: New Canacalico

Deepest apologies and best wishes to Austin, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Atlanta, St. Louis, Kansas City, Charlotte, and Denver.

When the Confederate States of America are a complete economic shitshow, we’ll consider expanding Big 10 style and pick up some cool cities since the land in between can be absorbed without giving deplorables a chance to influence our politics.

6 Likes

NCR and caesar will have issues but otherwise agree.

2 Likes

Are you sure that Mexico doesn’t have deplorable parts that you want none of?

1 Like

Not thrilled about Southern Ontario and Toronto being left out of this, or are they joining this new deplorable country?
Why is part of Michigan there, but Toronto not?

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-10-03/everyone-wanted-to-buy-twitter-with-elon

Mexico’s on a different level with community organization. Like, poor neighborhoods will commandeer toll plazas on highways and collect tolls for the day. Unions will shut down rail lines for months or years. Towns will secede from their state governments and start de-facto self administration if they believe the state is too corrupt.

American libs aren’t seasoned for that kind of stuff. They’ll find themselves the new conservatives in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1577330419090997251

I guess this somehow could allow him to try and save face and claim some sort of victory.

Maybe also distracts from TSLA tanking.

Really curious if Twitter can keep its current level of relevance under Musk’s ownership.

It was unlikely to regardless. Really if you look at social media platforms, only Facebook has managed to survive long term. I guess Youtube is still doing ok, but people moving to TikTok and other stuff already, so remains to be seen if Youtube remains the dominant player.

And even that was only because they bought out any potential competition before they could be usurped.

2 Likes

Yup, and the FB user base looks 100% different than it did 10 years ago. Twitter has already expanded to its maximum extent geographically/demographically, and horizontal integration seems pointless (Musk could just do that through Tesla if he wanted to). Plus, if the niche is profitable, you’ll always be facing competition from established tech companies to fill the niche.

In the long run, all you’ve got is your credibility and existing market presence. The second is always under threat, which is why Twitter et al try so hard to be ironclad on the first.

Super excited for the uptick in racist, deplorable scumbags on Twitter, just when you thought there could be no further capacity for morons.

Elon’s DM based lawyers stay crushing it.

Because I used MS Paint and the paint bucket tool didn’t work well, and I filled it in hastily. All of Canada would be in!

If only the Open Society Foundations could afford to buy Twitter…

The planet’s biggest conman owning his own social media platform is going to work out just great.

1 Like

It could be some legal maneuver. If Twitter accepts, the current case becomes moot and will be dismissed. Musk could then try again to back out (for new reasons) and then the legal case would have to start all over.

1 Like