Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

At 3AM? lol, GTFO.

3 Likes

There’s this phenomenon of “winter texans” that consists of people who can somehow spend 3-5 months in one location and the rest of the year in another. I don’t know who these people are or how they do it, but I know they exist and that’s mostly what the article talks about. But you’re likely right that we have no idea how many people are actually suffering from negative effects or how bad they are, but there’s literally miles of uninhabited area all around the spaceX facility.

Edit: Damn I hadn’t finished the article yet but apparently one households “generous” 3x buyout offer was for less than $150k, like not enough to get another house.

Your love of Elon has trumped your libertarianism.

1 Like

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/?searchQueryState={"pagination"%3A{}%2C"usersSearchTerm"%3A"boca%20chica%20beach%2C%20tx"%2C"mapBounds"%3A{"west"%3A-97.32677463623047%2C"east"%3A-97.12593082519531%2C"south"%3A25.975600283098903%2C"north"%3A26.096062575172205}%2C"isMapVisible"%3Atrue%2C"mapZoom"%3A13%2C"filterState"%3A{"price"%3A{"max"%3A150000}%2C"mp"%3A{"max"%3A539}}%2C"isListVisible"%3Atrue}

$65k - - tempting. The weather must really suck there though. Gulf coast almost at the latitude of Miami.

“Winter Texans” are a subset of snowbirders, retirees who are from the north and go south for the winter to avoid the snow and maybe head back north to avoid hot summers, but they retain their ties to their original home. A lot of times, they establish residence in states like Florida and Texas for tax purposes. That’s why poker games in Florida start to get good in December.

So, they are usually going to be boomers who have stolen enough wealth to be able to afford two homes.

If you guys think what SpaceX is doing in Boca Chica is bad you’d be furious to hear about what they do in McGregor.

Some, I assume, might even be good people.

No True NIMBY!

2 Likes

Geez. Did Victor claim to be against zoning or something? I guess you are. In theory anyway. How about in practice? What’s your neighborhood like? Any pig farms or battery recycling plants?

I live like 500 feet from a major urban freeway, if that counts. But I don’t think unincorporated hamlets in Texas have zoning, so not sure why that’s relevant.

Zoning is how you do NIMBY in your neighborhood. If there’s no “zoning” in rural Texas (don’t know why there wouldn’t be - there is zoning in the middle of nowhere in the desert outside LA) there are land use restrictions of some sort.

Was the freeway there when you moved in? I’m sure it was. How would you feel if they built another one 500’ away in the opposite direction?

Per Grimes, the name—previously widely reported as X Æ A-12—is now X Æ A-Xii. “Roman numerals,” she said of the slight update. “Looks better tbh.”

Can’t wait for the convo that kid has when he ask about his name.

Well sweetly your dad was going through a twitter storm and wanted to prove how eccentric he was and I was already nuts so we figured we could show the world we are the most eccentric couple ever!

1 Like

it’s the perfect combo of hipster and douche. Douchster, if you will.

10 Likes

I know Elon himself is fucking nuts, but if anyone’s interested, you can check out the SpaceX launch today (actual manned launch to ISS)

These new spacesuits look pretty boss, I’m not gonna lie.

Someone should start a generic Space Exploration thread.

1 Like

And start cancelled. :frowning:

Quite disappointing that after so many years of rocket starts it still depends on weather. Planes start during worse conditions with more people.

The rocket would most likely be fine launching in this weather and if it had a satellite they might have pushed it but the worry here is if anything goes bad during launch they have to go find the 2 astronauts in the middle of the Atlantic and that’s tricky during a storm.

1 Like

A fraud who can’t tie a tie, either.

(picture is from a member one of my Tesla FB groups. taken at a supercharger in FL. Weather looks shit.)