Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Never too late! You could work on medical software with incredible domain knowledge. Lack of domain knowledge is a major contributor to crappy software.

5 Likes

Talent is definitely the principal target of a lot of Musk’s hype.

Fyp

7 Likes

not joking, pharma and tech are merging, and the PMs are realizing they need an actual MD in the room to keep themselves in touch with reality

Words cannot express how much I hate the people behind the software in health care, which is all about billing capture.

yeah that too. the pharma i’m talking about is mostly about drug discovery, clinical data moning, and various devices.

i went to an ML conference like 6 years ago. half the talks were about them solving cancer and the common cold in five years. it didn’t pan out yet, and the venture funds got distracted and invested in crypto and shit. now it’s coming back to ml/healthcare.

it’s only kinda sickening once you get used to free lunches

I am inodated with medtech nonsense hiring on linkedin. Way more than fintech or blockchain.

Yeah I’m not qualified for any of that. Last programming I seriously did was AP C++ and Java in high school.

I love what I do frankly. Would hate myself riding a desk.

that’s fair. i’m just trying to describe what the job market is like right now.

1 Like

So apparently you can go up to the space station for $55M? Is that right?

tried that, he told me i’d be better off working for a shitty insurance company

Please stop with the personal attacks. To the extent posters choose to share personal details about health issues, I don’t think they should be then be used to attack their positions/posts.

Deleted the last post from Victoar.

4 Likes

I hate when grandpa makes me momentarily like him

https://twitter.com/andrewjbates46/status/1532747031529279488?s=21&t=kNVpAKfcJU8_Eg2xTHEJIA

8 Likes

Let Joe be Joe!

It doesn’t have to be programming. Software testing is a big area, too. My brother has a PhD in chemistry and he is making bank in the Bay area running software test programs for a company that makes mass spectrometers and other medical lab equipment.

He doesn’t code, but his chemistry knowledge is what got him the job.

1 Like

3 Likes

Eating the same food and using the same restroom as the rabble who work for you? Unheard of.

1 Like

“everyone is a worker”, says guy who splits his time being ceo of three different companies, and acquiring a fourth social media company.

He’s just a really hard worker. He has 3 jobs!

1 Like