Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Of course, but Tesla won’t vanish if that happens in the near future. They’re building busses, buying train tracks, looking to build public transit here and on fucking Mars. They have a huge edge and aren’t expected to fail while someone else just takes over the space.

oh my bad, for some reason I thought you meant EV adoption. I misread your comment.

The dissonance of a society retro villainizing Ford while also using an absolutely needless service like Amazon is hard for me to accept.

You think that’s what I am doing? Elon has been a career dumbass man. The people in this very forum carrying water for him 1-3 years ago were morons. But hey SPACE EX AMIRITE!!!

1-3 years ago I was cured, but if you go back 8-10 years ago I was stanning for Elon pretty hard on 2p2. Pretty embarrassing.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ukraine LC Debates and Arguments

People want someone magic to come and save the world for them in a way that won’t overly inconvenience them. Elon sells that exact sauce. We can be epic bacon memers and stop climate change and go to mars all at the same time? And all I have to do is buy a fast car? (or dream of buying a car and talk about it endlessly)

The libs tried to turn Greta Thunberg into that until she had to keep explaining to them over and over that she is a child who has no power and it’s actually their job to try and fix things after which she seems to has vanished off the face of the news.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/herodividend/status/1518559997478813700?s=21&t=zgI5rCRty3d5gPApAofINw

7 Likes

What is so great about them? I get really strong DeLorean vibes.

I don’t really see that as a good thing? How many cars does Lexus make per year? They’ve been the most reliable brand every year in a row, are pretty fun to drive, and cost about the same or less. What am I missing by not buying a Tesla instead?

If you want to argue about who was right about Musk fine, but let’s not use this thread to rehash old gripes about other unrelated topics.

Well, for one thing, the process of buying one is incredibly simple, intuitive, modern, and in line with what people have become used to when they buy other things.

None of that dealership bullshit. Just hop online, make an account and order your car.

Like most things that cause a sea change in technology, using one is also an intuitive and relatively user-friendly experience. Compare it to when apple introduced the iphone. Yes, the experience of using it was a jump from the standard cellphone tech, but it was also very easy, and now smartphones are ubiquitous.

In the end, it’s just another car. If you like Lexus, buy one of those. Me trying to convince you that Teslas are better is like trying to convince you that any other car brand is better. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

needless service?

So if TSLA drops 20% he may get a margin call based on the second tweet in the thread lol… It’s already down 26% ytd. If it hits ~$700 that would do it.

Good thing stonks only go up!

I’m sure Elon’s quaking in his boots at the prospect of having to pay $1 billion more than he originally planned.

That’s like me reaching into my pants pockets and pulling out another hundred.

Is that all it would be? I thought he’d have to sell a lot of the TSLA stock he leveraged if he got called.

Everything @skydiver8 said. The buying process which is a vast improvementover deals hips and salesmen, the driving experience, the tech, the OTA updates, the sound system (its ridiculously good), the charging network if you plan to road trip, the fact that you wake up every day with a full “tank” (all EVs share this benefit), the instant acceleration at any speed, etc.

As for your other question, I didn’t say it was a good thing or compare production numbers to other manufacturers. I was responding to a statement that his companies don’t produce or meet goals, which is clearly not the case for Tesla. Fwiw looks like Lexus makes around 800k cars a year from what I can find.

If you really are curious what the hype is all about, go online and schedule a test drive. You won’t be pressured by a salesperson because they don’t exist. You show up, drive the car on your own, return it, and leave.

The sales process is so obviously the future. In 20 years kids will be like “wtf is a car salesman” “why did you need some guy to tell you about a car? Didn’t the internet exist?”

1 Like

Saw a post from a friend recently that was like “after 5 hours at the dealership I left with my new baby and got a good deal”. Sounds absolutely miserable, not to mention that all the dealerships now add bullshit markups of 5-10k to the sales price.

Fuck, I had avocado toast this morning.

3 Likes

Guess you can’t buy Facebook.