Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Yeah because Trump is so meticulously careful to make sure he doesn’t piss off a judge and preserves his working relationship with them

1 Like

Is a law license necessary to become AG under Trump?

1 Like

Orange is the new white.

11 Likes

Purely a political appointment, POTUS could put anyone in the position.

Could they preform the job competently without a legal background?

Doubtful but what tRUmp appointee turned out to be competent?

1 Like

The SPAC really is the gift that keeps on giving for lawyers and investigative reporters.

1 Like

I want to believe he’s shitting on Tim Scott here for no reason instead of thinking he’s currently running against Obama.

1 Like

HAHAHA…LAW!

1 Like

Trump isn’t someone worried about reputations (he also probably rarely if ever ends up in front of the same judge more than once) and his attorneys already know they have sold out their reputations to work for Trump. Meanwhile the prosecutors have to regularly practice in front of these judges and work for peanuts in comparison.

1 Like

Looks like Trumps bond was rejected for leaving off a financial statement. Judges sent it back for correction. Can’t wait to see how much of an extension they give him. Wouldn’t be surprised if they just said oh well never mind when he doesn’t send it back at all.

5 Likes

“I tried. You know I tried”

1 Like

“Defendant has exhibited a good faith effort to comply blah blah blah”

2 Likes
3 Likes

Trial starts April 15. Can he demand a delay on the basis that he’s under audit?

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1775888118824001917?t=MpFYjHvPNvltE-743_6jcA&s=19

4 Likes

He must have passed Jack by now in majors won.

2 Likes

See what I like about this is how triggering it will be to him.

3 Likes

So disappointing with Jack. I’d guess he’s just a solid R that has a scrambled brain in old. But yeah he’s a golfer so probably has been a total deplorable the whole time.

1 Like
2 Likes

Trump doesn’t have the money, and his insurer might not have the money. So who’s got the money?

https://x.com/Jose_Pagliery/status/1775945393160737177?s=20

2 Likes

This is one where there could maybe be some wriggle room to litigate the bond requirements issue, but I would be freaking out if I were Trump’s lawyer. NY courts haven’t been very patient with Trump.

Also, if the below is true (lol), Trump could presumably just front the cash. But he knows that if he loses the appeal the cash will disappear, so I doubt he’d ever do that.

This is information about the subprime business of the surety. Trump’s Civil Fraud Bond Backer Is Even Shadier Than We Thought | The New Republic

edit: From Wiki, “Hankey is also a real estate investor in Downtown Los Angeles.[11] He lent Nile Niami $82.5 million for construction of a mansion known as The One in 2018.”

Niami initially sought to sell the mansion for $500 million, but his company fell into bankruptcy and the building sold at auction for $126 million, a record auction sale price in the United States.

Looks like he’s not afraid to make bad loans.

“I heard that he needed a loan or a bond, and this is what we do. So, we reached out, and he responded.”

1 Like