Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Nobody is going to do anything and nothing is going to happen to him. The end.

3 Likes

BTW… noticed this today when looking up more info about Mr Hankey. About Us – Knight Insurance Group A car dealership owner! HAH!

With a family history in the automobile business, Mr. Hankey acquired Midway Ford in 1972 and the dealership’s business flourished. During the 1980s, the organization acquired additional dealerships to its growing portfolio and established a firm foothold in the financial services industry. Today, financial services comprise a major part of the organization’s success.

1 Like

The deal is getting worse all the time.

1 Like

IMG_1134

5 Likes

Big new we got hims dropping today

https://x.com/ABC/status/1775964624287826103

2 Likes

Trump lawyers: We’re gonna ask you to dismiss this case on totally stupid grounds. Now don’t fuck up and actually dismiss it! That will get you removed and we’ll hafta deal with a real judge. So just say no so you’ll look impartial, okay?

Cannon: Okay

2 Likes

https://x.com/judicialmermaid/status/1775962029594980354

Wowow Neal sounds like trumps in deep doo doo

1 Like

It’s a basic 3-page decision with hardly any legal citations. It’s formulaic and demonstrates no real comprehension of the issues.

I guess her clerks have quit (have now been replaced), but it’s like she has more important things to do than spend a bunch of time on complicated legal stuff.

Regarding her clerks: Clerking For Judge Cannon: A Behind-The-Scenes Look

2 Likes

Trump with some deep analysis of Israel’s actions in Gaza.

“And the other thing is I hate, they put out tapes all the time. Every night, they’re releasing tapes of a building falling down. They shouldn’t be releasing tapes like that. They’re doing, that’s why they’re losing the PR war. They, Israel is absolutely losing the PR war,” Trump said.

But short-sellers are finding it difficult and costly to trade in Trump Media. There are roughly 137 million shares in the company, and only around five million of those are available to short-sellers.

Mr. Trump owns about 60 percent of shares, and company executives also hold a chunk of the stock. Company insiders tend not to lend their shares to short-sellers. Big asset managers like BlackRock, Vanguard and State Street, which regularly lend out shares, are not major holders of Trump Media, further crimping the supply.

According to S3, 4.9 million of the roughly five million available shares are already on loan. As with any loan, when share owners lend their stock to a short-seller, they charge a fee, usually expressed as an annual interest rate on the stock’s current value. Typically, the fee for borrowing stock is a fraction of a percentage point. For Trump Media, it has risen to 550 percent, Mr. Dusaniwsky said.

Trump Media’s stock currently trades at around $50. That means that shorting it for a month would cost more than $20 per share. For a short-seller to break even, the stock price would have to fall by almost half by early May.

I think they’re losing the PR war because they’re doing things like bombing food aid workers.

2 Likes

Oh boy I wonder if we’ve got a good old fashioned WSB short squeeze coming

They don’t like the stock.

1 Like

Nah man, gotta be those falling buildings. Greatest PR man on Earth said it.

The real dope here

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/04/donald-trump-classified-docs-case-00150642?cid=apn

Legal experts say leaving the question of a possible Presidential Records Act defense open until a trial raises the possibility of Trump being acquitted without prosecutors having any opportunity to get a higher court to review the issue. Under the Constitution’s double jeopardy provision, prosecutors cannot pursue an appeal once a defendant is acquitted at trial. But they can seek appellate review of certain pretrial rulings. In limited instances, courts also have entertained such appeals while the trial is underway.

She’s trying to thread the needle to get him off at trial without having the absurd notion that he’s covered by the Presidential Records Act overruled by an appellate court before the trial. It seems pretty obvious to me.

2 Likes

I mean how fucking obvious is it that a judge appointed by the defendant should not be so much as sitting for that defendant’s arraignment, never mind trial???

8 Likes

I think there is a YouTube doc about The One house. Pretty lame house for 126 million, let alone 500 million