Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Posting a $100m bond doesn’t mean you paid $100m. It means someone else pledges to pay in the event you renege. The circumstances why someone would do that is up to them, but it might mean a fee plus collateral.

I’m so glad you and nunnehi are here to explain to us all that which we all obviously understand already.

1 Like

You sure don’t act like you do

lol we keep saying the car won’t go because the engine fell out while you keep explaining to us that the radio works perfectly so what’s the problem.

False

1 Like

I assume no one had a chance to explain to him how this information is publicly available.

1 Like

if you’re a judge, you have to lower the bond because this guy is a rascal, he gets into a lot of jams, a lot of legal trouble lately, and he’s gonna need some of that cash he’s bragging about that he’s got, he’s gonna need that for his other judgements and bonds for other crimes he’s being charged with. so you gotta give him a break.

11 Likes

Where y’all getting this -no bond=no appeal conclusion.

Pretty sure it’s

Bond-no seizure-can appeal
No bond-seizure-can appeal.

All the bond does is stop collection. Not appeal.

And I think the next shoe to drop is that actual seizure will be stopped. Instead James will have to place liens on assets but have to wait to seize until the appeals are done (lol).

1 Like

can we please talk about how TruthSocial, a very real and very valuable social media platform, is literally worth BILLIONS of dollars today due to actions by an unknown shell company lol

A lawyer for Trump Media & Technology Group filed papers on Monday with the Delaware Division of Corporations, which said the company’s merger with a cash-rich shell company had formally closed. On Friday, shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp. approved the long-delayed merger with Trump Media by an overwhelming majority.

Trump Media announced in a regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that shares of the company would begin trading on the Nasdaq on Tuesday, under the stock symbol “DJT.”

The stock jumped after the announcement and ended the day at $49.95 per share, up 35 percent.

Trump Media is now valued at more than $6 billion — even though its flagship Truth Social digital platform took in just $3.3 million in revenue during the first nine months of 2023.

I wonder if said shell company has Russian or Saudi roots. Rotfl.

1 Like

I can’t wait for Truth Social to get seized! What a haul one of these government employees is going to bring in!

2 Likes

the idea that a known criminal president, a traitorous insurrectionist president, could openly get a multi-billion dollar payoff from unknown, likely foreign sources, in the year of a presidential election where he’s a major party candidate… it would astound scholars of the past. send this information to woodward and bernstein in 1972. they’d shoot themselves.

9 Likes

I’m glad we know it could never happen because of norms. Norms protect America like an eagle-emblazoned bullet proof vest.

1 Like

the trick is to have it all out in the open, so it’s all known. if any individual voter actually has a problem with this behavior, he can find a video of trump lying about it, and tune everything else out and believe the lie. clean conscience. massive federal deportation campaign where everyone walking the street needs to prove citizenship or be sent to a camp? the people that want that will be thrilled and the people that don’t like that can believe the lie that it isn’t happening. win/win plus a capital gains tax cut

2 Likes

It is funny that I was iron and nunnehi 9 years ago. Getting yelled at on here for being a centrist and institutionalist. I genuinely believed the system worked back then. Just amazed there are still me’s 9 years in.

5 Likes

what’s also irking me is we’re not getting the potentially fantastic artworks out of all this madness. like a prestige tv series is the height of art for society today, and we’ve only had one about this trump shit, i think. the comey one. and it was good. they should do more. they should be doing one now wtf are they even waiting for?

fuck i just realized why lol they actually think it’s gonna end. they’re waiting for it to have a resolution so they can have the definitive story. sorry idiots, this train is not stopping any fucking time soon

6 Likes

I thought we would get some bonkers documentaries at least once he left office and we haven’t even gotten that.

2 Likes

You are forgetting about this modern day Rodin.

3 Likes

man i was laughing til i realized how real it was.

1 Like

we got some good books out of it. the two bernstein books absolutely could be adapted to a tv series each, they were fascinating. imagine a world where people who don’t read books were privy to this information. they might think twice before voting for him

1 Like