Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

For Trump, court orders are like suggestions to either be ignored or motioned for negotiation. I never realized a defendant can just keep jamming a stick in the spokes at every turn. I guess when you have a slew of attorneys working 24/7… Or maybe it’s when you’re a white pretend billionaire ex president

idk anything about how this works, but gtfo with this

Justice Anil C. Singh, of an intermediate New York appeals court, gave Trump some wiggle room in meeting the burden of covering the judgment, granting some portions of his request. In a one-page order following a hearing, he suspended bars on lending and allowed Trump’s two eldest sons to continue running the Trump Organization.

1 Like

Lololol

Trump, a billionaire famously boastful about the size of his wealth, lacks the liquidity to cover the judgment, the lawyers said, and, without judicial intervention, might have to unload his prized real estate in a fire sale.

11 Likes

11 Likes

lol law

Well there goes any chance of a pre-election trial.

GREAT JOB MERRICK WAITING 3 FUCKING YEARS LOL GRANDPA APPOINTING HIM

Oral argument 2 months from now lolololololololol

2 Likes

The NY State trial over hush-money is starting March 25. Unfortunately, most people seem to regard it as the weakest of the criminal cases.

The other cases could still potentially start before the election. Even if there’s no conviction by election day, the evidence presented against him might make the difference. Don’t throw away those outs imo.

Or just think of it like this:

Trump is going to lose

I wish I could. Best I can manage is it’s roughly a coin-flip. We’re in deep, deep shit.

1 Like

Nah

1 Like

Every month there’s a headline like “TRUMP LOSES $700 BILLION IN HUGE CASE HE IS COOKED” immediately followed up with “TRUMP FILES POST-TRIAL MOTION, CASE DELAYED UNTIL 2029.”

7 Likes

Lol all these dipshit lawbros who were so sure they decided not to hear the case and that someone was writing a dissent. Lol law. WARP SPEED!

2 Likes

I don’t think we need a pre-election trial.

All of this is happening much faster than for normal cases. Everyone understands the urgency. I stand by my assertion.

You’re allowed to be wrong and continue to be wrong. After all, it’s the internet!

1 Like

Insurrectionist ban now in effect

1 Like

All you need to know is to ignore everything Harry Litman says and you’ll be fine. He lost all credibility when he said Bill Barr would never misrepresent a report like he did.

Winner.

He mad

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1763002666488103170?s=20

5 Likes