Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

https://twitter.com/jrubinblogger/status/1638673289135415299?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see olā€™ Donnie wiggle his way out of this one!

THE FINAL BLOW

Iā€™m sure Melania delivered that a long time ago.

10 Likes

Is that the name we are using for the Stormey indictment?

12 Likes

Think LFSā€™s bet is terrible but definitely rooting for him.

Side note, did you guys know that ā€œrootingā€ is Australian slang for having sex? Feel a little weird every time I type something like the above.

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually torn on whether itā€™s bad or good long-term if he dies, but think itā€™s probably better if he lives.

Out of curiosity, what odds do you think I would need to get for it to be a good bet?

Letā€™s not introduce any level of rational analysis here. When that guy dies Iā€™m going to celebrate for a month.

5 Likes

Probably somewhere in the 60/1 to 80/1 range.

This is crazy ascertain. How on earth is it good if he lives?!?!?!

Iā€™M ROOTING HARD RIGHT NOW. ROOTING SO HARD Iā€™M SCREAMING.

3 Likes

That explains why this podcast I listen to describes people as ā€œroot rats.ā€ I figured out what they meant from context, but I didnā€™t know that ā€œrootingā€ was used like that.

Because DeSantis is probably a lock if he dies, and the ultimate outcome with DeSantis may be worse than with Trump. This is not a controversial opinion.

1 Like

This is such a wrong take imo. It simply ignores the last 8 years as if they didnā€™t happen in favour of a misguided focus on short term legislative equity. The things trump degraded and destroyed are far more difficult to repair than whatever legislative gain DeSantis might achieve. The total disregard for all social norms and laws under Trump will take decades to fix and his movement of the Overton window may take generations. This doesnā€™t even take into account the massive risk of random catastrophes under trump up to and including global nuclear war.

DeSantis is a bog standard awful republican. His presidency will be bad but nearly totally free of the kind of democracy ending or globally ending events that are very live under trump.

A debilitating stroke would be an interesting development.

1 Like

3 Likes

Is your position a DeSantis presidency is equally at risk of those things as a Trump one? Or even close?

Per CNN

The Manhattan grand jury investigating Trumpā€™s alleged role in a scheme to pay hush money to an adult film star will not hear that case when it convenes today, according to two sources familiar with the matter, pushing the Manhattanā€™s district attorneyā€™s probe into next week.

After today, the Manhattan grand jury will next convene on Monday, when it is possible they could hear additional testimony from a witness.

The district attorneyā€™s office declined to comment.

The way heā€™s governing in Florida would suggest heā€™s fine going full-blown fascist, soā€¦ yes?

4 Likes