Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

But in the end, Maris Garter clapped him in irons.

2 Likes

I am going to go against the grain here and make a prediction that this will be the event that causes Trump to see the error of his ways and will lead to genuine contrition and a broad public apology. No jail time though.

6 Likes

In case they arrest Trump for real today, I got just the right soundtrack for that!

2 Likes

Iā€™m convinced they love him for the racism. All day, every day. Anybody can do a tax cut. Anyone can appoint conservative judges. But Trump blows that racist dog whistle like Kenny Fucking G. on the sax. If itā€™s not about the racism, what the fuck is it about?

7 Likes

The racism is a big part of it, but they also really just like bullying and cruelty. One of the things they like about racism is that it gives them clear targets, and structural racism creates the power imbalances they need to be able to punch down at someone.

1 Like

9 Likes

Cmon how do you not do 69 for the high temp there? Missed opportunity.

21 Likes

I mean I think when they say ā€œolder white man with reactionary views, scorned by liberals and elitesā€ theyā€™re pretty much saying ā€œracist scorned by non-racistsā€, so itā€™s just baked in there.

bank run

3 Likes

According to the George Washington Initiative (GWI), an organisation that highlights disinformation, Donald Trumpā€™s supporters have increasingly advocated for a bank run in recent days as a ā€œnonviolent form of social disobedienceā€.

ā€œDriven by false flag paranoia, Trump supporters are leaning into the bank run call to action over other nonviolent forms of social disobedience, such as boycotts and calling on strikes. This narrative has already surpassed the chatter it received yesterday,ā€ the group said in a tweet on Monday.

Should be chanting the chorus of this at them

I gotta say thatā€™s kinda creative; certainly didnā€™t see that coming.

2 Likes

AI unfortunately

3 Likes

ai knows about chris christie?

2 Likes

So. Anything actually going to happen today.

LOL of course not.

3 Likes

I mean wasnā€™t it determined that thereā€™s still testimony going on and nothing was ever really gonna happen today? Iā€™m pretty sure Trump just pulled a date out of his ass.

1 Like

I wonder if trump supporters have the means to make a bank run impactful.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/business/status/1638219828254195719?s=20

Iā€™m shocked.

Iā€™m fantasizing about the idea of a million idiots withdrawing the last like $143.50 from their checking accounts, and then bouncing a bunch of payments and having to pay a ton back in overdraft charges.

14 Likes