Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Parting of the Orange Sea

1 Like

47 Likes

Heā€™d have a good shot at the Senate but not in states heā€™d want to run in like NY or Florida. He wants the votes of people in places like Mississippi and Nebraska and Idaho but he would never move to one of those states to get them.

1 Like

Reminds me of the scene where Darth Vaderā€™s helmet drops on his head.

Someone make a gif of Trumpā€™s hair dropping down.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think heā€™d lose that vote but admittedly I donā€™t know what the makeup of the house is right now (7 Rā€™s needed to vote no? pelosi was gone for the last vote)

this could be a problem, some shithead somewhere is going to realize this.

no chance trump could be a senator, they expect you to actually work there

he ran off ā€œiā€™m the leaderā€ route, heā€™s not a senator type anyway, heā€™d get mad all the time when everyone would ignore him lmao

only two presidents hadnā€™t served higher than the house first, lincoln of course and garfield.

He could win a seat in Florida by 15 points and do literally next to nothing. Fly in for a few votes, give a speech, and fuck off.

1 Like

I think you may be mistaken

Dwight? Ulysses?

I assume you have Governor > House member then?

I think itā€™s just that two went from House to President.

As others have pointed out, plenty others went from governor or general. And then you have some that never held an elected position (or just a minor state one) like Madison (Secretary of State); Hoover (Secretary of Commerce); Taft (Secretary of War).

Why would he even want to be some backbencher rando nobody congressman? He would consider that beneath him.

Because heā€™s secretly just like John Quincy Adams and wants to join the House so he can fight against injustice for another 15 years or so.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not good at these kinds of hypotheticals. Before he became president, I donā€™t think heā€™d have considered those options and had little/no chance if he tried. After losing in 2020, I donā€™t think he could stand not being the center of attention. He was always going to try to get back on top to go after his enemies even if he didnā€™t have to worry about prison. The speakership sideshow is just a way to keep the media focus on him. If he actually ends up getting a vote I think he loses but ā€œwill be wild!ā€.

1 Like

Is this good?

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1710035927026766001?s=46

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1710088389716754714?t=Y7LHlOrPyd_Yrh6QMCWNRg&s=19

He really didnā€™t want to be deposed for some reason.

1 Like

I know this game is oldā€¦

But imagine if a democratic did thisā€¦

2 Likes

I would think those seeking a senate seat are more interested in increasing their importance and enacting laws while having a legit means to grift. Trump is already the most important person in his mind and couldnā€™t care less about policy or laws. Also, senate grift is chump change and not even worth it to him

I still say 2016 was nothing more than a PR stunt that got outta hand. He never planned on becoming president until it became apparent he had snake charmer qualities that lured every misogynistic racist bigot out from under their rocks

1 Like