Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

I’d agree that they were likely trying to be racist. Maybe, it’s just the thought that counts. On the other hand, if there were some vegetarian white dude in the primary, I think they might very well use the same tactic.

Personally, I think that being vegetarian is better and I wish I could bring myself to do it. So, I guess I don’t naturally view it as a bad thing.

Agreed. And my default assumption would have been that is what they were calling attention to with the “Ramaswamy Burger”. Even now, it may not be disqualifying, but it’s a big negative.

It probably still is disqualifying, but they will enjoy his deplorableness for a while until they decide they are bored with him and then they’ll discard him. “I like the way he triggers libs” is not the same as “I will vote for him someday”. Ronny Meatball had a high favorability rating for a while until he got some exposure and people could see what a weirdo he is. Eventually Trump will get around to calling Ramaswamy a tofu eating turban head and poof goes his campaign.

5 Likes

d24633c0-c1f5-4a6b-918f-4745745f16b8_text

6 Likes

Hot

He looks like an elderly Katherine Turner from Friends.

Or, ya know, the picture of pure masculinity. One or the other

Kinda something along the lines of “those loser muslims wont eat the greatest meat known to man, 100% American BEEF”

I cycle through Trump’s different traits, thinking “this is the worst thing about him” and then a while later “no, this is the worst thing about him.” Bottom line is that he has a ton of nut-low traits.

I was just watching a compilation of his various gaffes, though, and the thing that always comes back to me - and this is nothing new - is his ego. But ego in the sense that he has absolutely no sense of humor and especially no sense of humor about himself. Some of his gaffes are him just having trouble getting a word out or mispronouncing a word. We all do that. But he never, ever says “excuse me” and corrects himself, laughs at himself for getting tongue tied (or denture tied), or acknowledges at all that he misspoke. He just pretends he didn’t do it or that he meant to say it.

It’s low on the terrible personal traits scale, but it’s the one that keeps coming back to me that shows how inhuman he is.

2 Likes

My dad used to describe Rush Limbaugh the same way, except he was trying to convince me why that made Rush a great orator.

My dad tried it with me once when he was speeding and a cop flashed their lights at him as a warning. My dad slowed down to the speed limit, asked me to check the speedometer, and then said the cop was a jerk because he’d been going that speed the whole time.

1 Like

narcs never admit they did anything wrong/apologize unless it’s strategic

sadly it’s not an inhuman trait, there’s so many of them

1 Like

My dad thought Rush was a saint and would get super angry if I talked shit about him or Sarah Palin in his presence. He passed in January and now my stepmom thinks it’s her duty to “educate” me with whatever conspiracy theories Fox is pumping out. Yesterday she told me the pharmaceutical companies develop, research, and approve all the new drugs and threw her hands up at how crooked that was. I find it nearly impossible to mask my contempt in these moments and wound up telling her to stfu and show me the evidence about Hunter and Joe’s bank accounts after she moved on to that subject. She could only insist they have the evidence and thankfully the subject changed after I compared her to the My Pillow guy. Golfed with her yesterday and probably said “Jesus Christ you’re such a fucking moron” into my chest every third hole.

3 Likes

If you told like 1999 me that the Internet was going to end up being used to glorify and perpetuate mass stupidity I would definitely have not believed it. From “holy shit you can know anything about anything instantly” to waves hands around this…woof.

7 Likes

Sexual Abuse is a Selling Point for MAGA

Sexual violence has been a primary outlet for that urge to humiliate women and put them “in their place.” This isn’t about a sincere belief that every accused rapist is a victim of a “deep state” conspiracy. It’s just that MAGA’s knee-jerk urge when they hear these allegations of sexual violence is to side with the perpetrator.

Saying they side with the predator is close imo because that’s the functional impact when people use this as an mechanism to debate edge cases about stuff like whether 99 nos but 1 yes means she consented.

Even if from their POV they are just debating edge cases for entertainment or the good of society or whatever, the activity empowers the people who rely on such edge cases to avoid consequences.

1 Like

I remember hearing about how the internet was going to lead to disinformation and confusion and that people would pay real dollars for digital trading cards. Did not believe the latter patently ridiculous claim for a single second and am obviously not as smart as I think I am.

2 Likes

4 Likes

To be continued!!!

1 Like

“if the Fake News reporting is correct”

7 Likes

yes in times gone by we’d have killed someone for an american directly communicating with china

that whole year for just sending the equivalent of one text and then another one to get it back

Threatening a potential witness. But that’s in his Mar a Lago case so judge dgaf.

1 Like

Literally what Michael Flynn did. I thought I remembered him facing some consequences for it (beyond his immediate firing but less than death) but nope. Pleaded guilty, dragged out sentencing, withdrew plea, almost got the case dropped, pardoned in 2020. I guess he probably racked up a lot of legal bills but nothing a few speeches in Russia can’t pay for.

2 Likes