Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

The Dem message is actually “we, the establishment, are normal people”.

This is not a good analogy. We can’t name even half the House of Representatives.

1 Like

yeah baseball fans mostly only know the best prospects, for the house we mostly only know the worst

1 Like

Not a credible message unfortunately.

6 Likes

This dude has never been to the Balkans

Ok but he wasn’t talking about the middle 95% of baseball fans

There was a run of seasons in the early aughties when I could easily name a thousand active professional ballplayers. 750 on the 25-man, and 10 more for each of the 30 franchises. Plus a whole load of AA Southern League ballplayers with no hope of ever getting a cup of coffee

1 Like

This site is just not as knowledgeable as it thinks it is, even about the one topic it focuses on

2 Likes

I’m optimistic I just don’t know that a conviction peels a meaningful amount, him and entire gop will just say it was a communist bullshit show trial, fox will say the same, internet crazies will say the same, shouldn’t the same ones have already gotten off the train?

10% seems like a huge stretch

We should have a predictions thread because this shit is going to be wild.

3 Likes

You don’t need to learn the names of Republicans in Congress these days because they’ve mostly become fungible. Obsessing about the horrible things done by the most grandstanding members hides that the quiet ones are mostly indistinguishable when it comes to anything that matters.

1 Like

Yes, we’ve all heard your fantasies a million times.

1 Like

If I got 20 I’d be impressed.

yeah Iowa is about 10% and I don’t see how. FL is under 5 and I’m stumped.

Ford barely lost after the Nixon scandal and some people think he still wins if he doesn’t pardon him.

Like what’s the absolute best case TX, NC, maybe ME2, ohio is still a stretchhhh.

It kinda sounds like simplicitus says this is going to be the tragic death of the gop

6 Likes

I wish I was as optimistic as you guys. I think Trump is still live with a conviction under his belt.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess my opinion is that approximately 0% of Americans that are willing to vote for Trump now will become unwilling to do so if he’s convicted of any crime. Everything about him and the crimes he’s committed are as clear as day, the lines in the sand are drawn.

Who are these On The Fence swing voters that are suddenly going to grow a soul and a brain once the gavel of justice swings down a Guilty verdict? They don’t exist.

2 Likes

3 Likes

trump 5 years from now

5 Likes

100%

1 Like

I agree that a landslide loss for the GOP is in play but “extinction” is a bad way of putting it. In 1993, subsequent to the collapse of the state-owned bank in South Australia, which was a financial disaster for the state, the incumbent Labor Party were reduced to just 10 of 47 seats in state Parliament. By the next election in 1997 they had already recovered to the point where the conservatives had to form minority government, and they won the next election in 2002. People have short memories and it’s hard to kill a party.

4 Likes