Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Is there anything besides your lack of relevant knowledge, consistent miscalculations on how this would proceed, and general confusion that you’re relying on to form your opinion here?

1 Like

Nope just that but happy to back it up with actual money.

Chutkan has already handed down real prison time to people who committed lesser Jan 6 offenses, there’s no world where she only gives Trump probation.

Any reason you ignored all previous offers to wager?

Was it this same confidence animating your approach?

Very possibly. I’m just seeing a lot of people interpreting the mandatory minimum as mandatory prison time. (I do not think Trump will face prison time, but would be delighted to be proven wrong.)

No idea what you are taking about. I’ve made several bets on this site, all of which are paid, and have several ongoing.

IMG_6997

The frustrating thing is that if Trump is convicted and given probation, he’ll spin that as basically having been exonerated (“see, the judge knew I wasn’t really guilty, even with the rigged jury that was really just a bunch of bussed-in illegals”) and every MAGA idiot will nod their head and agree.

3 Likes

Put him in with the pedos in protective custody. Easy game

2 Likes

I would like to wager that Donald Trump will not spend more than 72 consecutive hours in a state-run jail/prison/correctional facility at any time between now and 12/31/24. For the sake of clarity, confinement to a home or any other structure that a reasonable person would not consider to be a jil/prison/correctional facility does not qualify.

I will take up to three wagers at $100 each. Quote to book. No escrow needed on my part unless it’s someone totally random.

2 Likes

Cactus has been practically begging you. This was a direct response to you less than a day ago.

1 Like

I think Biden should promise to and start “building the Cell.”

3 Likes

Just hang this sign on it and Trump will welcome it: The Donald J. Trump Presidential SCIF

8 Likes

And how many RICO convicts at the head of the enterprise get probation? None, because that an absurd inference from the existence of some weird sentencing statue that only exists because judges never invoke it. I guess technically every federal crime without a mandatory minimum could result in probation if the judge says so, but it doesn’t work that way.

2 Likes

I’ve heard years ago they would try to capture people overstaying their visas by sending them a letter saying they won a free boat, but when they get there they get arrested and deported, there’s no boat.

I’d love to see Trump think he’s getting an award or something, like hey come to Wharton we’ll give you an honorary PhD and a tenure it’s $200k a year for a no-show gig. And when he walks in the door it’s an empty auditorium

18 Likes

Empty?

I’d buy tickets for that show.

6 Likes

Make it 12/31/25 and by “state-run”, I assume you also mean federal, and I’m in.

Pesci featured in some pretty fucked up movie scenes. Like I don’t know if they’re even all that graphic; I turn away at that part.

2 Likes

If Trump flees to Russia the night he loses the general election is it a no wager or does lfs win?

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-doesnt-pay-his-bills/

“Trump and Giuliani had a handshake agreement that Giuliani and his team would get paid by the Trump political operation for their post-election work, according to Timothy Parlatore, an attorney for longtime Giuliani ally Bernard Kerik,” Schwartz says. “But the Trump campaign and their affiliated committees ultimately did not honor that pledge, according to campaign finance records. The failure to pay Giuliani and his team came up last week in a private interview between prosecutors on special counsel Jack Smith’s team and Bernard Kerik, a member of Giuliani’s team in late 2020, according to Parlatore.”

16 Likes