Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

2 Likes

Really tough break for the presidential aspirations of dozens of people in this country who are 35 years old, born in the United States, but have only been a resident for 13 years.

5 Likes

NYT had an article about this yesterday ā€œConservative Case Emerges to Disqualify Trump for Role on Jan. 6ā€

Archive: https://archive.ph/M8gKd

3 Likes

In an alternate universe, Trump chose ā€œinsult comicā€ instead of President of the United States as a second career path and is on his third Netflix special.

3 Likes

He was, and will again, be president solely because he is an insult comic. Thatā€™s the bar.

1 Like

He paid by thinking about it.

15 Likes

This trick creates confusion for long enough for him to escape with all his money.

1 Like

Ah well nevertheless

1 Like

I watched the Little Mermaid in theaters with the wife and kids. I thought Halle Baily was pretty damn good but the movie was laughably horrible.

could only make it 3 minutes into beauty and the beast. torture.

We got him!

3 Likes

The charges in Georgia are likely to include violations of the stateā€™s antiracketeering statute, often used by prosecutors going after gangs. Prosecutors use the antiracketeering law to build a case against what they describe as criminal networks. In this case, they would make the case that such a network, headed by Trump, sought to subvert democracy by blocking legitimate election results.

Merwin Chambers, 72, a retired accountant from Gwinnett County, northeast of Atlanta, said he was sick of the barrage of political TV ads, fundraising emails and Trumpā€™s continued insistence that he won the 2020 election.

He voted for Trump twice before, but it is time to move on, he said. ā€œI would think more of Trump if he would shut up about the election. Itā€™s over,ā€ Chambers said.

He now favors other Republican presidential hopefuls like Scott, and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy. He said he would probably ā€œhold my noseā€ and vote for Trump if he becomes the Republican nomineeā€”unless he is convicted of a felony.

ā€œThat might be one of the rare instances I would have to sit out an election,ā€ Chambers said. ā€œI would vote for the other people running, but I would leave the presidential spot blank.ā€

1 Like

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised it took him this long to find a loophole.

1 Like

10 Likes

This may or may not be apocryphal, but if it is true this is certainly my very favorite literary critic in the world: Nabokov was not allowed to teach English at Cornell, because English wasnā€™t his first language. So he taught a class called ā€œMasterworks of World Literatureā€ or something. So at the end of the first class session he gives a homework assignment: Write an essay explaining why you are in my class. One guy wrote ā€œBecause I like stories.ā€

1 Like

Dafuq kind of dumbass policy is this. Either you have a strong command of English or you donā€™t. You can figure that out with ease. Who gives a shit when/how he actually learned it?