Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Can’t vote as a felon

As a felon. Can you be elected to the presidency?

1 Like

You can run from prison so yea pretty sure

1 Like

This obviously makes total sense, USA#1

1 Like

Cool, so Trump wouldn’t pass a background check at Kroger but qualifies to be president

6 Likes

Our glorious, brilliant slave owning Founding Fathers really set a high bar for President

• Be a natural-born citizen of the United States.
  • Be at least 35 years old.
  • Have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

Stringent qualifications for the 1780’s I suppose.

6 Likes

Poor crime bad. Rich crime good.

Pretty foundational principal of American politics.

4 Likes

Nothing in the rules says a dog can’t be president.

7 Likes

IMG_6962

We would need a Supreme court ruling on whether 35 in dog years works as I don’t think any dogs have ever lived 35 years.

5 Likes

You’re right, the best so far is 31 years old. Pretty wild story, though

1 Like

So many of the wrong people are fucked!

archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect

Someone on twitter said the federalist society published a paper saying trump should be jailed and barred from running for office because of the 14th amendment.

However, i can’t re-find the tweet, nor any semblance of the article. I even scoured the federalist society website and twitter. :face_vomiting:

Whole Secret Service going to quit when the Biden dogs run in 2028

2 Likes

The Federalist Society didn’t publish anything, two of its members did. I found this tweet which lead to this article which is paywalled but has the relevant part of the 14th Amendment quoted

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability. — Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, U.S. Constitution.

1 Like

Too slow but still

Probably this

Penn Law Review, pdf

3 Likes

Wow, even two hardline fedsoccers have jumped ship.

Dumbass he won’t go to jail brigade should stfu for a bit.

My favorite bit of American government trivia is that there are literally no qualifications needed to be a SCOTUS justice other than congressional approval. In theory a foreign national could sit on the bench of the Supreme Court.

The one great thing about America is the lack of gatekeeping. None of this shit would fly in caste system Europe.

I don’t think being a criminal in the eyes of the law or in jail should stop someone from being elected president. It’s still a democracy. Many non-democracies are infamous jailing people who shouldn’t be jailed. 14th amendment is another story.