Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

I don’t think I have, sorry. I’ve learnt the fact that he is utterly and completely immune to consequences.

It’s not a reverse jinx. It is the only logical conclusion one can draw from the post 2015 historical record.

I would estimate it’s like 5% he is ever convicted of anything and literally 0% he ever serves time.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Uh, no? He doesn’t want that. If that’s really what he wanted, he’d be doing it. He wants vindication and revenge. He wants to win in 2024 as proof that he didn’t lose in 2020. He wants to punish everyone who ever said anything bad about him. And he never, ever, ever, ever will say he was wrong.

8 Likes

The next order of business is a gag order. His strategy is jurh nullification , the special prosecutor should certainly want one. :vince1:

1 Like

No doubt. His entire worldview is never apologize ever for anything under any circumstances.

He is more likely to serve time (0%) than he is to apologize or plea.

1 Like

Chesbro is an actual surname? Wow

1 Like

And he’s from Wisconsin

7 Likes

Clark is so fucked.

1 Like

@Cactus, how are you feeling today?

1 Like

I don’t think all of these people are aware that they are dealing with historical forces. They seem to think it’s a joke, but they will be judged beyond their lifetimes as enemies of democracy.

7 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I have no doubt a bunch of people are going jail. Just not trump.

I promise baby, I never look at other women.

I would like to see Trump wriggle his way out of this jam.

This was the one I’ve been waiting for, so obviously feel good about it thanks for asking lol. I’m a little concerned about the appeal process not knowing exactly how it works. My understanding is if found guilty, there is sentencing and THEN the appeals process starts. So does this mean if convicted there’s a non zero chance he begins serving before the 2024 election? Honestly not sure. Anyone?

People will blame all kinds of things, Trump’s stupidity, his narcissism, enablement from evangelicals, anti-government morons who don’t care about truth, grifting lawyers and grifting right wing media, etc.

However, I think an underrated cause is The Power of Positive Thinking (and it’s more recent offspring, The Secret). I believe, in some significant respect, that Trump believes he can manifest reality through his imagination. I mean, it got him to the presidency. Why wouldn’t it also get him reelected. To him it must not make any sense.

3 Likes

What about Fulton County?