Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

I think Trump being detained would bring sanity back to many Republicans and the nation in general. I’m not a historian, but he has to be one of the single biggest one man menaces in history. Just think of all the calamitities he constantly leaves in his wake. The careers he’s ruined. The people in jail because of him. Not to mention literal lives unnecessarily lost to his mishandling of covid. The guy just needs to go away

You’re dreaming. Trump is a symptom, not the cause. The right was becoming unhinged long before Trump came on the scene, and they’re not going to get any better if he goes away.

2 Likes

I agree he’s a symptom, not the cause and just brought out all the latent racism and fascism. Still, I prefer that they return to back under their rocks

So would I, but that’s not happening anytime soon.

Donald Trump is posting about the Insurrection Act.

Which likely means Donald Trump has been told he’s going to get indicted under the Insurrection Act.

— Tristan Snell (@TristanSnell) July 15, 2023
3 Likes

Have? As in present tense?

What a career. From Harvard to the Knicks to election law

1 Like

Hmm I don’t know but Smith is asking about documents at other Trump properties. I wouldn’t be surprised if he still has stuff squirreled away somewhere. Doral comes up. Conveniently, LIV golf and the Saudis have been there.

I’d be shocked if he didn’t. He’s had two years to squirrel stuff away.

1 Like

Imagine using the phrase china money and people thinking you are intelligent.

1 Like

Taiwan competes with the US and China doesn’t?

1. Targets are generally not called to a grand jury but witnesses who were called can later become targets. The people believed to be involved in the coup, who were not called, gives me a work in progress short-list of possible co-conspirators who might be charged with 2. or charged separately, possibly in discrete, related conspiracies. Stone, Flynn, Byrne, Bannon, Lindell, Clark, Lee, Tuberville, Cruz, MTG, Gosar, Biggs, Perry, Giuliani, Eastman, Don Jr., Sidney Powell, Pompeo, Ginni Thomas, and Grassley. 3. Others who are possible subjects are Hawley, Kennedy, Lummis, Hyde-Smith, Marshall, Cruz & Scott of Fl. My guess is, other than Tuberville and Lee, the Senators who voted to advance the coup will not likely be indicted (https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/1680676174991859712/analytics) Trump

— Tim Hogan 浩勤 (@TimInHonolulu) July 16, 2023

Lee. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Why? All those people seem so nice!

1 Like

It is interesting they never found who tried planting the pipe bomb and I’m not sure if it’s true or not, but I heard an alarm was disconnected somewhere. I get the alarm, but they’re usually pretty good at finding potential bombers

Cactus. No shade.

When are the next round of indictments supposed to drop?

There always seems to be 1 more witness to call or lead to follow up on, but it has to be soon now. We are no longer talking months, but weeks, if not days imo

It's almost 700 days since the deadly insurrection. We still don't know who planted the pipe bomb? Who removed Ayanna Pressley's emergency call button? Who disabled Mike Pence's key card? Who told the rioters about the unreinforced windows? Wouldn't you like to know?

— Don Lewis (@DonLew87) December 5, 2022

Almost this exact tweet gets repeated every so often. Yes, I would like to know!

Hey I’d like to know that stuff! Anyone ever get in trouble for wiping all the Secret Service communications from Jan 6? I’ll just be patient!

4 Likes

Donny Dumb Dumb forgot that Congress can just hit shift+z to undo the last delete

1 Like

In a unanimous decision, the Georgia Supreme Court has DISMISSED Donald Trump’s petition that asked the high court to scrap Fani Willis’s investigation into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Georgia. https://t.co/R5CXXSvJqH pic.twitter.com/wzIowEZowo

— Anna Bower (@AnnaBower) July 17, 2023

Unanimous.

3 Likes