Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

On one hand I get it, you don’t want to get all the way through the process only to have the SC be all “Fuck you no” but at the same time why even bother inviting these partisan fuckheads into the proces?

If they’re gonna play Calvinball it’s better to have it happen sooner rather than later. That said, I’m sure they have 0 interest in speeding things up so they’ll probably let the appeals process play out in the DC Circuit and drain a month or two off the clock, then drain a bunch more time while they “consider” the arguments afterwards. If they get really lucky Trump will get a 2/3 Trump judge panel in the lower court and they can run some serious clock.

4 Likes

Smith is simultaneously trying to get the DC Circuit Court to expedite their appeal process on the immunity stuff.

Joe Biden better get ready to do some serious crimin’ if this verdict drops the way we expect!

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if the Supreme Court has any interest in expediting anything; the deplorable play is clearly to run the clock out until the god-king is annointed.

2 Likes

Not sure which thread is the best Guiliani landing spot.

https://x.com/ZcohenCNN/status/1734308050687729819?s=20

https://x.com/AWeissmann_/status/1734344580752191956?s=20

the real question here is why DIDN’T trump pardon himself on the way out? because the only play now is hope to stall long enough to get back in and pardon himself, right?

Well, it would have been challenged. And he would have been admitting he was guilty of criminal acts that would be relevant to potential state charges he couldn’t pardon himself for. Or maybe he just fucked up the paperwork.

2 Likes

I think it’s like the annual enrollment period that always happens during a random week in October and ends at 4pm on a Friday. Trump probably meant to do it but got caught up in a good Overwatch session and didn’t remember until 2am.

2 Likes

It happens

3 Likes

If Trump somehow loses the 2024 election, what’s the consensus on what happens to him?

The way I see it there’s no way he’s convicted of anything before then. And obviously if he wins (and he’s a clear favourite) it’s goodnight. But if he loses…? Tell me there’s even a slight chance he actually sees consequences?

I know which thread will be his final landing spot.

10 Likes

What stops him from just immediately starting running for 2028 and continuing on with the same delay as long as possible playbook until he dies?

You still need 12 jurors to unanimously convict him even if you actually do get to trial. Then you need a judge to actually sentence him to prison. Then you need all that to hold up through appeals up to the SC.

It’s a pipe dream and always has been most likely. Losing in 2024 might raise the odds for consequences some (only in the sense that if he wins the odds are literal zero) but you basically need the SC ghouls to sign off on a prison sentence which is never happening imo.

We are also drawing live on the Federal charges of Grandpa Joe trying to “heal the nation” by pardoning him. That would be par for the course for the Dems.

No can do, that would violate norms.

4 Likes

What stops him is being convicted, sentenced to prison and reporting to prison. He’s more likely to run for President after serving his sentence than playing 4 corners all the way to 2028.

Beneath the office of the president, as it were.

1 Like

This is never happening.

1 Like

I would guess conviction, no prison. I’m fine with house arrest as the consequence.

Are we losing sight of the fact that not only is he not going to prison, he’s about to become the president again. This is all just masturbatory refball to get you riled up and build your engagement.

3 Likes