Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

I think it’s like the annual enrollment period that always happens during a random week in October and ends at 4pm on a Friday. Trump probably meant to do it but got caught up in a good Overwatch session and didn’t remember until 2am.

2 Likes

It happens

3 Likes

If Trump somehow loses the 2024 election, what’s the consensus on what happens to him?

The way I see it there’s no way he’s convicted of anything before then. And obviously if he wins (and he’s a clear favourite) it’s goodnight. But if he loses…? Tell me there’s even a slight chance he actually sees consequences?

I know which thread will be his final landing spot.

10 Likes

What stops him from just immediately starting running for 2028 and continuing on with the same delay as long as possible playbook until he dies?

You still need 12 jurors to unanimously convict him even if you actually do get to trial. Then you need a judge to actually sentence him to prison. Then you need all that to hold up through appeals up to the SC.

It’s a pipe dream and always has been most likely. Losing in 2024 might raise the odds for consequences some (only in the sense that if he wins the odds are literal zero) but you basically need the SC ghouls to sign off on a prison sentence which is never happening imo.

We are also drawing live on the Federal charges of Grandpa Joe trying to “heal the nation” by pardoning him. That would be par for the course for the Dems.

No can do, that would violate norms.

4 Likes

What stops him is being convicted, sentenced to prison and reporting to prison. He’s more likely to run for President after serving his sentence than playing 4 corners all the way to 2028.

Beneath the office of the president, as it were.

1 Like

This is never happening.

1 Like

I would guess conviction, no prison. I’m fine with house arrest as the consequence.

Are we losing sight of the fact that not only is he not going to prison, he’s about to become the president again. This is all just masturbatory refball to get you riled up and build your engagement.

3 Likes

Exactly. Biden has only managed to lead in 3 of the last 21 polls on RCP. And Trump can probably lose by 1-2% and still win the electoral vote. Lots can change in 11 months though.

https://twitter.com/The_Trump_Train/status/1734236737365291204?t=wiLxs9bB7vybRzbgkqFWDA&s=19

We like land reform don’t we folks? The Mexican revolution got it rrriiiigghhhtt. More and more people are talking about Jacobo Arbenz. More and more I hear all the time. Peru? Chile? They did some good work people.

2 Likes

Good god, that’s five more elections.

SCOTUS has granted Cert in Smith’s request to expedite hearing Trump’s immunity claim and has given Trump 9 days to file a brief in response.

1 Like

3 Likes

Isn’t it technically that they’ve agreed to consider cert on an expedited basis.

They could still remand back down to the circuit?

Wake me when there’s 5 votes to bypass the appellate circuit and take the case straight away on an actual expedited schedule.

ETA: They did not grant cert, they just asked for briefs from DJT’s lawyers so they can debate whether or not to grant cert. But I wouldn’t expect any kind of accuracy from a radical centrist like iron.

I would hope you are meting this judgement out equally as I have seen false stories/ fake tweets go uncorrected here in the past. Mutliple times, and after being pointed out.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d call out anyone who’s trying to dunk on me with made up lies equally. If they’re not calling me out specifically I’m not going to care enough to DMOR.