Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I think Rogan thinks that pushing back against a guest isn’t what his role is. He wants to let the guests talk about what they want to talk about and to get to know them and to ask questions about their expertise and experience that Rogan is interested in. If you judge Rogan’s podcast by the standards of journalism, which ought to be adversarial, then you’re going to be disappointed. But that’s not how Rogan approaches it, he wants it to be like a long conversation between friends.

3 Likes

Having said that his interview with Bernie was one of the best interviews of a political candidate that I’ve ever seen. Because you got to know Bernie, he got a chance to really go into depth on some of his answers, and Joe asked interesting questions.

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point. Women and minorities aren’t thrilled with the Sanders campaign being happy about the Rogan endorsement. They aren’t talking about strategy, they simply have a negative emotional reaction to to some of the things Joe says. People whitesplaining/mansplainning to them why it’s a good thing strategically or the same as Colin Powell/Obama doesn’t actually make them feel better about it.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1221121472053284869

He also used to believe in bigfoot and thought the moon landing was fake. He’s a self-described moron and obviously prone to being sucked into conspiracy theories. Shit I can’t believe none of his haters ITT have gotten around to attacking Rogan for his long association with Alex Jones. Sad!

Actually sometimes his dumbness leads to fun moments on his podcast. When he had Bari on she said that Tulsi was an Assad toady and Joe was all toady? What does toady mean? Then Bari couldn’t define it, lol. Thank you hero moron Joe Rogan.

I’m not saying that these people need it “mansplained” to them that having more voters helps you win elections. Quite the opposite, really. I’m saying that the people who were openly arguing that Clinton should be trying to attract #nevertrump republicans in 2016 should not be taken seriously when they start getting the vapors about an unsavory podcast host’s endorsement.

Like I’ve got a negative emotional reaction to some of the things Joe says. If you check the tapes a few months ago, I was one of the people arguing that Bernie should not have gone on his show. I just think that this is pretty selective outrage from the usual crowd.

Basically, I think that there is a legitimate criticism to be made about Sanders going out of his way to thank Rogan for the endorsement - regardless of whether it’s a good thing for his electoral chances. I think that those criticisms ring very hollow when they’re coming from the same people who were telling me that Clinton was more electable because she’d get the support of Republican housewives in Fairfax County.

8 Likes

This is crazy to me. Rogan has a huge audience, you convince a small fraction of listeners and that’s hundreds of thousands of votes. If you’re a candidate and you think that someone with a huge audience will give you a fair chance to express and explain your views, then you go on their show. Joe Rogan, Fox News, wherever. And very obviously Rogan is going to give his political guests as much time as they want to want to express themselves. There’s an argument to not go on Hannity or Tucker for a four minute spot because you’re not going to get a chance to actually express your views and they will twist what you say unfairly. But what’s the argument against going on Rogan’s show when he will give Bernie as much time as he wants to put out whatever message he wants in as much detail as he wants?

I mean Bernie’s podcast was watched 11 million times on youtube. And then probably listened to many more times as a podcast. That’s a lot of exposure, seems totally insane to pass on it.

3 Likes

Oh man… I watch that whole episode and it was great to see JR dunking on Bari…

I mean he’s a MMA fighter who has to get rage from somewhere and that’s usually from a dark place, so you gotta expect some dark stuff.

His Flat earther pals are crazy but JR also believes in Big Foot so it’s all as you say, fun moron stuff for them to laugh about not to be taken seriously.

Honestly over here it’s mostly the progressives that watch his show, my young cousins are all their friends and boyfriends watch them and use it to dunk on the Alt right guys… And they say Joe does the same sometimes and would do more if/when he gets a education on a particular subject.

Like Cuse says he has some decent experts on subjects that you wouldn’t normally see and let’s them talk for hours, he’s good for seeing the Sports Stars like Tyson and Tyson Fury… And they get comfortable and just talk.

After it came out that Joe knocked back the establishment and Warren why are these peeps now complaining? It’s strange? Na it’s jealousy :joy::joy::joy:

:point_up_2: Y’all wanted his endorsement too ahahahahahahah

2 Likes

The criticism on it’s own, that Rogan in unsavory enough to where his endorsement shouldn’t be trumpeted, is the only thing I’m saying and we seem to agree on that. Of course some people may piggyback off that valid criticism to make bad faith arguments, but that’s pretty much always true in politics.

In terms of the campaign, I’m not sure if they were completely caught off guard by the criticism, or simply thought it was worth it. I’m guessing the former.

https://twitter.com/coolturtleneck/status/1220882038716272640?s=21

From the comments it looks like the bar even hosted a signature gathering event for Bernie too

13 Likes

They might have been caught off guard by it considering every single candidate tried to get on Rogans podcast.

That should be Bernies response if the other candidates try to attack him. They all wanted on his show and they all wanted his endorsement, so lol at the pearl clutching over Bernie trumpeting the endorsement.

Would be hilarious if Rogan releases the receipts of the other candidates trying to get on the show.

4 Likes

I find it hard to believe that the Sanders campaign were caught off guard after what happened with the Cenk endorsement nonsense, which is basically the same thing as what’s happening now. Hopefully they’ve grown a spine in the intervening weeks.

1 Like

The only reason I think they got caught off guard is that doing nothing was an option that wouldn’t have angered people who would react positively to a Rogan endorsement.

Feeling a little hopeful. The political class have no idea how obvious it is that they are phony.

4 Likes

Finger on the pulse this one

They’re as phony as of the people acting like this is bad who support Liz or Pete knowing they tried to get on the show. All a bunch of bullshit from people who care about everything but policy or they like policies that they are afraid to espouse for some reason.

2 Likes

Going on a show is completely different from an endorsement. There was very little backlash to Bernie going on Rogan compared to this.

Hell, Obama did an interview with Bill O’reilly. There’s a huge gap between getting interviewed by and seeking endorsement from. I think you have to go to ALex Jones level where simply granting an interview is problematic politically.

1 Like

Thinking you’re trolling now.

2 Likes

“Chasten” sounds like the name a BernieBro would conjure up as a ButtiJEB surrogate in some ButtiJEB fanfic

No doubt about this. So often the media relies on soundbites but Bernie isn’t a guy who talks in soundbites. He needs to have the opportunity to flesh out what he believes and Joe gave them that.

2 Likes