Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Dumb white people

Lol. You’re believing a report by people actually wearing Maga hats.

3 Likes

If he wants to stop Bernie, he can checks notes endorse another candidate? Obama is a bottom half President for other reasons, but missives and insinuations from on high are just the nut low. Let’s wait and see what he actually says/does though; I don’t begrudge anybody if they don’t want Bernie as the candidate but there’s ways to express that and then there’s whatever the fuck HRC did a few days ago.

Politico reported largely the same thing a few months ago. Senior Obama advisors/sources close to him said he’ll speak out if it looks like Sanders is going to win. I see no reason to doubt it this time around.

Here’s the same story from last November from Politico.

Bernie starts polling well and this bubbles back up…

That’s such an overstatement of what the story is

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/472090-obama-privately-said-he-would-speak-up-to-stop-sanders-report
Somebody close to Obama said he doesn’t know what Obama will do if Sanders gets the nomination!!!

2 Likes

What are you talking about? He’s top 3 ever. That says more about Presidents and the US and history than anything else, but he’s no bottom half President.

3 Likes

Obama being smarter about this than Hillary means you’ll never believe.

You left out the part where a different source claims Obama openly said he would speak out to stop Sanders.

Do you use the same logic for higher wages?

Wgaf? I’ll be pissed at him and disappointed if he says something. Until he does that, it’s completely irrelevant.

1 Like

Obama um checks notes again failed, both by sucking at politics and then not using his powers, to address the threat of a fascist, criminal candidate who has gone on to destroy the country?

I don’t believe O in particular wants Florida Man over The Bern, although I accept that many Ds secretly want that.

And yet he’s one of the best Presidents in US history. Top 5 for sure.

Please make your case for this. I think of him as a towering monument to wasted potential and the road not taken. I get how what he did was reasonable and smart, but he ran bad and here we are.

I mean, in relative terms, no? He got lucky with 60 Senators and did some shit in the first two years, but in the following 6 years he accomplished nothing, premised on some Biden-esque idea that eventually Republicans would have worked with him. And in the most perilous domestic political crisis the country faced since the Civil War, his plan was shrug hope Hillary wins.

Free health care would put more money in peoples pockets as well.

Poor people are capable of making good decisions, especially when they actually have options.

That’s a bit harsh.

I think he has a decent chance of being a technology adviser for Space Force in the next admin.

In (somehow) before wheatrich’s nothingtoseehere post.

What if Obama makes an official public statement but it’s just him dissing Bennett instead of Sanders.