Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Dude,

I’m 100% with you here. Sending goodies to share sounds awesome. This is why you have an open invitation to kroshopkin.

1 Like

I mean in regards to asking for campaign donations and how Trumps model is so great.

Have you seriously forgot all the Trump campaign fudnraising emails that have been posted on this forum? They are just as lame/bad. People aren’t going to open their email or text and watch a video in it. Like 95% of people aren’t. I wouldn’t even do it if a Bernie campaign text sent me a youtube link and I’m a full blown bernie stan. People rarely even open up videos/gifs from their friends on their phone unless its like a best friend and they know they only send really funny/good content.

I agree he could be ,more charismatic and have better marketing. But I still think its far and away the best in the political world.

Trump is successful because he gets infinite media coverage because he says outrageous, racist, sexist, horrible shit on the regular and that draws eyes. And we just so happen to have 60 million people who love that shit. Also trump supporters are primed to be in a cult, they’re dumb racist idiots and most of them have already been in cults their entire lives.

From what I’ve seen Bernie rallies are as big or bigger than Trumps, he just doesn’t get the media coverage because he isn’t saying outrageous sexist racist horrible shit, and because the media owners are actually legit worried about sanders.

Sanders hurts their bottom line, trump triples their profits.

Like I said I really, really don’t think people are going to open viedos in texts/emails and share them on facebook. Nobody I know does this, especially not for a fucking politician. I mean if you find me some empirical evidence that people do this I’m open to changing my mind, but as of right now I don’t think it’d work at all. People simply don’t open videos from campaigns on their phone.

Videos like the Killer Mike Ad are way, way more effective being spread via facebook/youtube/twitter just like they have been. Thats how this stuff goes viral, not through texting videos to people who aren’t going to open them. Like there are infinite memes about people sending other people youtube links and how nobody actually watches them, and thats because its true.

The best way to spread inspiring shit is social media, not grandmas chain videos.

I’m going to give up after this, last post.

Is it? Why? I think the goal is simply to get the message to people. Basically to get them to know who Bernie is and what he stands for. Like I said, like the way you market products like insurance, or washing machines, or department stores. Utilitarian shit like that. If that’s the case, then what you want to do is tap your enthused base for financial resources, and then spend the money just broadcasting Bernie’s name to people, which is exactly what the campaign is doing.

There are different marketing strategies for different products. You seem to think Bernie is more like a new video game or something, and the way you spread it is to get people hyped up for it, show people teasers and demos, do viral marketing promotions, get people to show their friends, etc. You seem absolutely certain that this is the case, but you never present any evidence for it. I understand that’s the way you and I think about politics. I’m telling you that’s not the case for the vast, vast majority of people.

1 Like

I mean if the point of the campaign texts to donate are to get people to donate, something is working because he’s raised more individual donations than anyone in political history by a massive, massive margin. I don’t think spamming youtube links people aren’t going to open are going to do better.

Inspire people on social media, raise campaign funds through texts/emails. I agree the texts are repetitive and boring/lame, but its pretty clear its working. Probably makes people feel the urgency. I mean trumps campaign that you said is so great at inspiring people has the same exact model. They aren’t sending youtube links in texts/email from anything I’ve seen, they’re posting them on social media.

Ok I get this line of thinking but here’s the thing: They assume if you already donated that you have acces to the hottest, sweetest vids and… They’re correct! You post in this thread, on a political forum!

If you’re saying they’re not accounting for how stubborn you’d be then, touche, I guess.

Here’s another thing: Because you insist on entertaining this fiction that trump voters were tricked by savvier marketing you’re assuming the analogy tracks.

Wait, lose you from what?

JT,

You’re a smart guy and I really enjoy your posting but this is just classic left of center circular firing squad bullshit from you. If you don’t see enough pro-Bernie stuff, get to work man. You’re not helping the cause whining narcissistically about your inspiration meter not being dialed to 10 on the back of somebody else. If you really care, stop bitching to strangers, get off the fucking couch and do something that will actually help.

5 Likes

My bad, I meant ‘access’ as a synonym for ‘exposure’.

I didn’t cosign that.

Tbf I did say,

but that was meant to be a joke. I didn’t actually think you’d only share a video if personally asked.

This thread sucks shit rn.

5 Likes

I hope Trump loses.

1 Like

Gameday thread for Iowa?

1 Like

Done… :+1:

2 Likes

This is probably a fair criticism of all modern campaigns. They are far more innovative in finding ways to raise money than they are at spending money to increase their vote totals. Like Obama in 08 basically became the first small/internet donor campaign and also got a ton of votes. Since then that model has become embraced and tweaked via facebook and twitter. But I don’t think Obama or anyone has really found a a way to use that money for all that much other than raising more money.

1 Like

Do you grasp, like, even a little bit, how offensive and insulting this is?

And I don’t mean as it relates to this campaign or even Sanders. I mean fundamental political beliefs.

This is a great point and totally accurate. It doesn’t help that there are a bunch of consultants gorging themselves in the old model. Nora lot of incentive to use the money better.

When anyone is making literally every other post in a thread they need to be banned for a bit

Kissing people off should help make up with people.

Oddly enough it was leading towards me explaining why I’m Warren’s #1fan among dirtbag bernie bros.