Dead and nearly departed Covidiots

That’s the the only two choices huh? Jeezus dude. I’m either sitting in a puddle of tears or sitting on my high horse. Gmafb with this reductive bullshit

I have no idea what is even your point now. You started with some broad statement and then you were clearly wrong on the single case you were trying to defend here. And you were a jerk to anyone who attempted to show empathy to the tough position you are in at your work.

So iunno what your future plans here, but you somehow made NBZ look like a superstar so far.

My work has nothing to do with this. I don’t need, didn’t ask for, and don’t want special whatever you’re offering because of my work.

New information came to light that wasn’t in the Reddit post or here, and I was told multiple times that it doesn’t matter.

If you think nbz looks like a superstar, that says nothing about any one but you really. If you relish in a mom dying because she simply didn’t get vaccinated like hip and nbz, that means nothing but bad things about you. If it makes you uncomfortable to have that pointed out, that’s not on me

so every single person brought up here was worthy of the ridicule and you were utterly wrong. I appreciate the apology, i’m sure it wasn’t easy. I hope you’ll keep us honest in the future.

this part is super weird and you keep repeating it. If we’re doing armchair psychology it’s really telling on your character. Most people who replied to you were concerned about -your uncomfortableness-. Not a single soul here cares what you think of them. Some of us thought this thread might take a toll on you specifically and attempted to help. For some very strange reason you replied to it as if people are alarmed by your lol criticism

It’s not just this. Ikes finds this stuff deeply offensive. It troubles him to even read it. Despite the personal distress it causes him he will fearlessly click on the thread and read each post so that he can tell us that it is so wrong. He does this in the hope that the community will better itself. He is sacrificing his own mental well-being, so that we might all benefit.

Can’t you see that, you ungrateful jerk?

1 Like

Utter bullshit. Thread is littered with people simply defending their actions. It’s fine though, write whatever history you want. I’m sure the people celebrating the deaths of anyone unvaccinated are the righteous ones. This is how this all started, and it’s important:

I suppose you can argue that you are correct but still being an asshole, something that I’m well aware of, but the bullshit like melk and you are posting is completely fabricated.

1 Like

The other day the front page of the local paper was a letter from a rural police chief saying that he has never seen the level of vitriol aimed at other people/officers as by antimaskers/antivaxx people. He said they are worse than any criminals he’s ever dealt with in terms of behavior.

Well I was genuinely concerned about the sentence you wrote regarding your humanity in face of the pandemic. I thought it’s a real issue and might cause your ridiculous posting here and we as a community should attempt to help.

Keep in mind I know very little about you unlike others who saw through it. I guess it’s just because I’m a much better person than you are. But again, I didn’t know it at the time.

2 Likes

A doctor who is very active in this community finding this thread gross and saying so repeatedly seems right. The petty vitriol and personal jabs directed at CN here is nonsense. FTR I’m on team fuck these people dance on their graves.

3 Likes

Oh my humanity in the pandemic is absolutely a real fucking issue I struggle with daily. It’s just not affected by reading this thread. It’s more the 34 year old father who died. Or maybe the old lady who left after 5 hours waiting for a bed after I gave her a cancer diagnosis. Or one of hundreds of people who have told me that it’s ok that [insert awful thing here] in the ER is happening to them because they know I’m trying my best. Idk anymore

2 Likes

Everyone accepts that ikes has a point (a really good one). It’s also been made many, many times. Everyone has more or less decided how much grave dancing they’re going to do, and the repeated reminders won’t change that.

The way this thread works is as follows:

1. People dance on graves
  2. Ikes tells them it’s gross
  3. People say, “Well you’re not wrong, but…”
  4. Shots get fired in all directions

That’s just how it goes here. Everyone (ikes included) can participate or not participate, but no one should be complaining about it when the rules are so well established.

1 Like

Link?

2 Likes

I would reply with empathy (as I’ve tried before) but you clearly stated you are not interested in it and pretty much disregard it all together. Regardless I wish you all the best in this shitty situation.

2 Likes

That’s fine, but you betray your pre-disposition by referring to him as Ikes. His present posting is generally bog standard doctor condescension (not in this thread it should be noted) and is light years from the Ikesian strident immaturity. Yet the vitriol remains, it’s kinda bullshit.

1 Like

He isn’t necessarily wrong. I admit to being a bad person who says and does horrible things. Some people wouldn’t want me on this forum if they knew everything I’ve done.

But I am offering grave dancing and the othering of anti-vaxxers as a legitimate strategy for people to cope with existing in this crazy world we live in. I think it’s a rational way of preserving one’s mental health.

Oh, I generally call everyone by their 22 screen name when I know it and remember them from 22. Most have the same one or something very similar, so there is no conflict. For example, cuse was always cuse, even though I think he changed his handle here at some point. If you find an instance where I don’t do it, it’s just because I didn’t connect their new and old handles.

I’m probably not 100% on this, but it’s what my brain generally defaults to.

If there are any I’ve missed, feel free to enlighten me.

Okay. He does get the Ikes as pejorative treatment a lot, just assumed your post dripping with sarcasm was more of the same.

Well, don’t give me too much credit. While I think ikes is a much better poster than he once was, I still think he has plenty of shitty posts. I’m not shy about my feelings on that but it’s independent of my referring to him as ikes.

As far as his posts on this topic are concerned, I do think he has a valid point, but they are also needlessly repetitive. I wouldn’t say they are shitty posts, though. At least not yet. I suppose through sheer repetition they might reach that threshold.

I think Dan’s post was pretty good. I think also, there’s an undeniable sense of poetic justice here. Like to over-generalize, these are the sort of people who like to talk a lot about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and how they don’t care about the feelings of liberals. Here they are making a stupid PERSONAL CHOICE of FREEDOM which leads in an unusually direct manner to the consequence of them fucking dying. I mean, was this what you wanted? This is what you guys like, right? You deserved this, according to your own philosophy? And NOW I’m expected to have feelings?

I also think it’s funny to see these guys who express themselves in these egotistical terms, like “I’m a FREE THINKER” or “I trust my immune system!” or whatever, run into the brick wall of a piece of RNA which is unusually good at replicating itself. Like sorry, it doesn’t give a shit about any of that, and seeing hubristic assholes get pantsed is inherently comical.

It’s also tragic that these people are dying. That fact doesn’t obviate what I wrote above. Things can be poetic and funny and tragic all at once and frequently are. I don’t really see the need to censor myself from having complicated feelings about this, even though, as I’ve discussed before, I don’t think any of these people chose this of their own free will (because I don’t believe that’s a thing).

22 Likes