COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

It appears to me we are about to peak out in national case numbers.

They immediately pivot to that it was godā€™s all knowing will that they must die from a completely preventable disease. And that god is wise and good for taking their life, and that he works in mysterious ways that we can never understand. This of course contradicts the idea of god answering prayers, because everything is pre-ordained anyway according to them. So their prayers are completely meaningless. Except when god does what they want.

I think that accurately sums up christianity.

6 Likes

Heā€™s in heaven now. Donā€™t you wish you could be in heaven?

3 Likes

The vaccine names are the only good thing about this clusterfuck.

• Bio ā€˜Nā€™ Tech, for all your biology and technology needs!
  • Johnson & Johnson & Janssen
  • An mRNA vaccine from MRNA, the mRNA vaccine company!
3 Likes

Iā€™m so confused about when we are crowing over the deaths of antivaxxers and when we are mourning them.

2 Likes

Why wouldnā€™t it be 100%? As things stand, 75% of adults have gotten at least one shot.

There is a small percentage of people that are discouraged from getting vaccinated.

1 Like

More on the fight between the FDA and the administration over boosters.

As I mentioned, my son had a direct exposure in his science class. In the aftermath of that, 18 of 32 kids were absent. They are mostly all back after their quarantines, which means they arenā€™t vaccinated. So thatā€™s super. I guess Iā€™m glad they at least obeyed the quarantine rules, but ugh.

2 Likes

Excellent, how did the US level off the cases?

Usually a new variant takes over and takes a while to become dominant (not reported yet) or vaxs reach a certain level (unknown level) or say lockdowns bring the level downā€¦

Do you put this down to partial indoor mask mandates or simply US testing capacity maxxing out?

Levelling off here, just before the schools go back

Well, the new case counts are substantially less than they were in December, so Iā€™m guessing we havenā€™t maxxed out testing capability yet.

Anecdotal, but I know of testing locations by me that closed when we reached very low early-summer numbers, and havenā€™t reopened. And thatā€™s in a blue city in a blue state.

Others here have reported hours-long wait times.

I suspect many fewer people are getting tested, or at least casually getting tested during this wave, if they donā€™t have a compelling reason to.

2 Likes

Yes, this seems like good evidence that we arenā€™t maxing out testing capacity yet.

I think all the high volume drive thru testing sites in NH that were being administered by the National Guard have closed. The only options around here now seem to be medical clinics and pharmacies.

Well technically, it appears that our capacity has been greatly reduced, and much of what remains seems to be maxed out based on complaints of waiting times.

This is flat out incorrect. Thatā€™s not why thereā€™s a peak.

Testing seems like itā€™s always sucked and availability and self-selection for who gets tested have always been confounding factors. How hard would it have been to have done 10k randomly selected people in the country once a week or something? I know, not easy, but this is a pretty big deal.

3 Likes

So Rogan tested negative a few days after testing positive and throwing the kitchen sink at it?

Covid Trip Report

• My wife (April Pfizer) locked herself in the room with my symptomatic daughter the moment she tested positive.

• My daughter had a few days of fever, sore throat and cough. Now she just has a cough, which seems to be getting better each day. She says that she feels totally better.

• My wife and I (April Moderna) took antigen tests on Day 3 and PCR tests on Day 6. All were negative.

Would it have been better in terms of future immunity to test positive and have a mild case as opposed to the vaccine totally blocking the virus? How does that work?

1 Like

No one can give you an evidence based answer for this. It is an interesting question though.