COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

This makes 0 sense.

That is exactly what the substack crank is alleging:

And where is all the natural variation in between? Why is it not like the other variants, nested in that natural-looking spreading set of gradually mutating descendants?

One parsimonious hypothesis is that some engineering has been done to it, in order to make its evolution look so unnatural. I have not heard another parsimonious hypothesis.

1 Like

One of the medical exemptions to get into Australia is having had Covid in the last 6 months and being able to prove that which is the most likely reason Novak got the exemption. The exemption process is run by an independent medical board and they get their information without names so it would have been difficult to give it to Novak while denying it to most other players and staff that requested it. It would be a massive scandal for the Victorian government if someone can prove Novak got preferential treatment.

Given his loose terminology Iā€™m not sure he doesnā€™t just mean something like serial passage by ā€œengineeringā€, but yeah maybe. His abuse of ā€œparsimoniousā€ throughout the piece is annoying.

Older kids school not opening due to too much COVID. So, good try, got one day of school
for one kid this month.

Yea Iā€™ve mentioned this before but the weed stores Iā€™ve been to are the most strict of anywhere about all the covid compliance measures. Like if you came to the store with your wife they would still make her stand 6 ft away from you in line. Every employee is masked properly the whole time, etc.

Interesting thread about rapid tests. This guy seems like he has been one of the better sources of info during all this.

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1472024457640394756?t=wCQ2cXrmLuB_HKIZ2hzD5Q&s=19

2 Likes

Maybe I donā€™t have an especially good sense for the sensitivity of these PCR tests, but man, I have a really hard time believing that RNA, a notoriously fragile molecule, is hanging around separate from an intact virus in the most-definitely-not-sterile-or-RNase-free environment that is the human body for TEN DAYS and isnā€™t just totally shredded beyond recognition.

Iā€™ve seen it as an approximation for infectiousness level (the test after 5 days pozzed is using it to test for infectiousness). I havenā€™t seen work that validates that levels not high enough to pozz the test still arent high enough to infect with omnicron, especially at the start of the illness

(Edited confusing wording).

I will say fucking everyone around me is pozzing now after really only knowing a handful of positive cases for the pre Omicron era. Boosted adults and newly vaxxed kids no exceptions.

NSW had over 35,000 cases today, with 32% test positivity. Scaled up to the population of the US, that would be 1.4 million cases.

I think US is probably cranking out something over 2 or 3 million per day right now? I know about 20 people that pozzed in the last couple of days, and only about 3 or 4 were tested officially and will make the actual published numbers.

Yeah very few officially counted in my circle either. Think those 40-50 percent of the country infected in this wave estimates are going to prove accurate given we likely have at least a few more doublings.

Yeah I think itā€™s similar there. I would bet on the USA having more daily cases per capita if they were all counted, but itā€™s probably close.

My friend used her dual passports to get J&J vaxx and booster, and double Pfizer with moderna booster. Sheā€™s still alive and hasnā€™t gotten Covid.

https://twitter.com/Vanessa_RN_ER/status/1478550610899206147

Any additions to list? Did I leave out anyone?

Under bettors looking pretty good so far.

Unstuck Pozzed list (post 12/21)

1. Lawnmower Man
  2. d10
  3. Tilted
  4. Champ
  5. Surf
  6. boredsocial
  7. Rugby
  8. Jake7777
  9. DUCY

Unstuck Pozzed List 12/1 to 12/21

1. Watevs
1 Like

7,786 positive on 18,903 reported tests today, for a 41.19% positivity rate.

What tier does this put us in?

I bought 6 rapid tests a few weeks ago and am down to my last one. Iā€™ve tried buying 20 tests in 4 different online purchases since then and none of them are going to get here this week.

I just want to say on record I am not getting covid during this wave guys itā€™s impossible. I havenā€™t had a direct positive contact yet but it is getting closer. Iā€™m still hearing a lot of ā€œmy friend says his wife/mom/kid/coworker has covid, but he hasnā€™t tested positive yetā€. Nobody I saw over the holidays has told me they have it.

2 Likes

The Irish one, Iā€™m assuming?

Itā€™s always a little weird seeing how relatively difficult it is to get vaxxed elsewhere.

Say what you will about our shithole country, but above can be easily achieved in USA#47 with zero passports.

@JackBando is a candidate but unconfirmed so far.

1 Like

Getting random shots isnā€™t as bad as being unvaxxed but it really is a bad idea.