COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Kind of surprised but our kid’s school has set up a vaccination schedule for their students.

3 Likes

T+11h. Nothing so far. Not even much arm soreness. Did just do an ibuprofen dose as an overnight precaution. Gonna do a Benadryl knockout as well. Expecting the worst for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Meh. Don’t count on it. I’m 28 hours in and feel fine. I took a 2nd round of ibuprofen, but may have been able to skip it.

1 Like

The flu shot alone usually gets a strong reaction from my immune system. Very mild body soreness which I have sometimes in the morning before I get moving anyhow.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

What’s everyone’s mask behavior gonna be after getting the booster?

I got the booster on Sept 5th. I still mask indoors 100%, not masking outdooors.

1 Like

Fuck that guy.

Just imagine a hundred years from now there will be questions about people overdosing on horse paste that they got at Tractor Supply and everyone will be extremely confused by the backstory.

1 Like

Pfizer 3 from cvs, no ill effects 12 hours out

3 Likes

I’m really hoping my state (MA) makes the booster available 2 weeks before thanksgiving…which would be late next week.

Right now, it’s only available for olds and high-risk categories.

1 Like

LOL Amazing

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1452752299558846470?s=21

2 days. Very mild. Basically took an extra long nap yesterday.

Really exciting cause I got the flu shot too and this is by far the mildest reaction I’ve ever had.

Of course maybe I don’t have an active immune system anymore and sweet death is around the corner.

5 Likes

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league, the players union and an infectious disease consultant approved by both parties heard Rodgers’ case for an exemption and ruled that he would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

What is this alternate treatment people think is like being vaccinated? Reminds me of the thing my nutso client said.

On a protocol that protects others as well as me.

What’s really sad is these vaccines don’t work nearly as well as the protocol I’m on.

1 Like

I think I read it was some kind of “homeopathic” nonsense.

Edit:

Hahahahaha wow. Didn’t realize Rodgers was a fucking idiot. Probably why he didn’t get the Jeopardy gig.

3 Likes

I’ve blocked the news feed of someone on FB for posting about dumbass quackery, so I guess I’d block Rodgers, too. For example, this person - who I like and who had a child who was friends with mine - posted about something she hung on her router or computers or something to block the dangerous waves coming from wifi. Of course, she also posted shit about trying to get cell phone towers taken down if they were close to school and articles from Dr. Mercola.

I debunked her posts a few times. I’m still friends with her on FB and just don’t see her posts anymore. I check in once in a while and she has stopped those kinds of posts, though I’m guessing it’s because they were causing tension, not because she doesn’t believe that stuff anymore.