COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

I’m glad we end up being largely in agreement. I guess I’m left frustrated at the fact it’s going to take so long to analyze the results of this study and make the authorization decision when the results end up being largely uninformative in ways that were completely predictable.

1 Like

welcome to evidence based medicine my friend.

When does this mandate go into effect? My company is well over 100 people and I haven’t heard s peep about this yet

Controlled testing on humans is difficult. There’s a reason we use cloned lab rats. Looking for one-in-a-million side effects in kids is an extreme challenge and we’re probably never going to have totally conclusive data.

1 Like

Ty for the recap :+1:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1443309862973231106

Yeah that’s where the group think problem exists. In those who apply science and logic.

conservatives have been anti-science for awhile. it’s amazing it took so long to become anti-medicine as well.

Well, the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics are groups, after all.

It’s one of the oldest conspiracy theories actually. I have a playing card of it somewhere.

1 Like

If it could be proven, I would bet all my money on Will Cain being vaccinated. Also, fuck ESPN for ever giving him a platform to begin with.

Fuck these idiots. Choices have consequences. Your employer says don’t bring Covid to work the. You don’t bring Covid to work.

Don’t forget the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

No update on what’s going on with bidens mandate?

I talk to our ops manager and he said there is nothing actually enforceable about what Biden did and it was just PR stuff.

He isn’t a trumper and is pro vaccine.

I was under the impression that he was basically giving an executive order via a speech instead of just signing one. I think it boils down to he told OSHA or whoever is in charge of it to make a rule about the vaccine mandate, but it still has to go through the formal rule making process which takes months, so as of right now there’s nothing enforceable and the second there is a rule someone will run to a Trump judge and get it blocked until it goes up to SCOTUS. I could be wrong about all of that too though.

1 Like

I read article other day that OSHA is mad it doesn’t include mitigation steps like masking and distancing.

YouTube banned a RT channel then permabanned them for circumventing it. Now Russia is threatening to ban youtube.

1 Like

Negative Covid test result today. Still have a low grade fever, but happy to have 103 with a splitting headache behind me.

22 Likes

Cool, cool. One and a half years into the pandemic, as COVID seems to be winding down, YooToobe decides to crack down on anti-vax idiocy. Just late enough for them to cover their ass and insist they’re a responsible actor. Facebook pulled the same shit with Trump.

15 Likes

Bunch of people challenging vaccine mandates in NSW supreme court

Imagine being the doctor getting called to testify that Vitamin C is not a valid treatment for Covid. Like he has nothing better to do than debunk conspiracy theories in court.

1 Like