COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

COPENHAGEN, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Moderna’s (MRNA.O) COVID-19 vaccine is up to four times more likely to cause inflammation of the heart muscle, a very rare side effect, than its rival vaccine from Pfizer-BioNTech (PFE.N), , according to a Danish study published in the British Medical Journal late on Thursday.

The study, in which almost 85% of Danes, or 4.9 million individuals, aged 12 and older participated, investigated the link between mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines and heart inflammation, also known as myocarditis or myopericarditis.

The researchers found only 1 case per 71,400 vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech and 1 case per 23,800 vaccinated with Moderna. Most of the cases had been mild, the study said.

Sputnik V is one of Russia’s four domestically approved COVID-19 vaccines.

2 Likes

I’d be very surprised if it was possible to ever get R0 below one sustainably with omicron and current vax and no mitigation.

1 Like

Yeah, the Danish study indicates that. I didn’t find the article scary in anyway. I’d probably go Pfizer over Moderna now having the info, but if only Moderna is on offer, ldo ‘I’ll have the Moderna, thanks’.

1 Like

Then what was your goal in posting the article without any further commentary? Myocarditis is a mild condition that usually resolves on it’s own but is otherwise easily treatable.

This explains why I buy four lotto tickets each week instead of just one.

1 Like

Yes, this. And then tell them you lost your vaccine card when you show up. Don’t photoshop your vaccine card that’s an actual crime, and completely unnecessary.

1 Like

I work on US projects all the time. I’m simply not risking it. Who knows if I have to live there at some point (god forbid!).

I would think lying to get a shot you’re not eligible for would be just as much of a crime, except less provable with a paper trail.

So far only 6 covid cases from 12/10 - 12/13 out of 73000 students here in my daughter’s Florida school district.

I think continuing to cancel student events and classes is doing more harm than good at this point. We need to consider student mental health. Anyone who wants a vaccine to protect against hospitalization can do so. The brunt of the covid sacrifice has been made by children despite them having almost zero risk.

4 Likes

Maybe he’s posting a covid article from Reuters in the covid thread so others can read it?

You complain when he adds commentary and now complain when he doesn’t - jeez - when will this shit end?

10 Likes

I wish I was as confident it was close to zero risk in children long-term. Id sleep better at night and would make a lot of tough decisions easier. The papers showing potential brain damage from infection worry me.

1 Like

Comparing yourself to Rosa Parks is a standard play for these people. They know full well how offensive it is, just pure bad faith trolling.

Rosa Parks was an uppity antifa agitator, we should erect a statue of the bus driver to commemorate his courage.

Got a non-vaxxer to get his first Pfizer jab. 55 year old alcoholic and heavy smoker, I’m thrilled he got it(went with him, he nixed the flu jab, ugh). Anyone know off hand how much protection he gets against Delta with a single jab? He hits the bars on occasion, imploring him not to but not having success. He will get 2nd dose and boosted, just praying he gets there without running into Delta or Omicron.

8 Likes

Nah, forging a document is way worse.

1 Like

Not a lot of long term protection against delta with one jab, but maybe short term protection against the worst outcomes would be my guess.

Yeah, I’m hopeful this is at least the case. He’s become a pretty good friend, so I am in worry mode until mid-January when his second dose protection kicks in.

https://twitter.com/TinaMoorereport/status/1471286584154669064?t=HEaL2zh89QIQVj1Bqo7McA&s=19

NYPD faked vaccine cards, likely on a widespread level. Nothing will happen.

PS enjoy explaining that on cross

3 Likes

Living here is different. Then they could definitely come after you.

Nevertheless I think your risk assessment here is highly unrealistic. You would have to come to the US, then require a non-trivial amount of medical care and then either have them come after your assets in Canada or you would have to move here.

Unless you are old or in poor health, seems like the risk is on par with other risks that people often take. For example, would you travel to a distant third world country that had no good medical care available? So if you needed it, you would be truly fucked (or dead). That seems like a bigger risk to me than coming to our shithole country.

I am not worried about my health. I am worried about financial ruin given your paleolithic healthcare system.