COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

jal he’s fucking getting his information from someone who regularly spreads misinformation about vaccination and ivermectin. That’s cause for serious concern.

(he also hid this information, so he knows it’s bad too)

anti-vaxxers? at least ikes is close by to let them know

You didn’t get this paper from him though… did you?

That pre-print also won’t ever be published in it’s current form in a reputable journal for the reasons I’ve posted.

It’s a preprint? JFC

So is vaccine protection waning or not? Specifically Pfizer. I’m not getting a booster if the protection is not waning, so can you self-proclaimed experts and warriors for the truth let me know what to do here.

3 Likes

Almost certainly the protection will wane a bit (which is normal for many vaccines) and I think reputable sources are saying everyone should get a booster at some point.

Is it waning or not though? And how much is a bit. Seriously, if protection doesn’t wane there is absolutely no need for a booster unless other studies suggest boosters offer another benefit, for example, increasing the protection over 2 shots alone. But if vaccines are not waning and boosters do not provide additional protections, then I don’t particularly care what reputable sources say.

It waning, but it’s not clear (to me anyway) that it is waning enough to where you’re worried about a significantly increased risk of death. Of course, there are reasons other than death to not to want to contract COVID.

cliffs: get the jab

1 Like

FWIW my wife sent me something about the VA study earlier this week, and she is very much not an antivaxer.

I don’t know his work, but I have heard from a trusted source that the doctor CN accused of being anti-vax supports vaccinations.

And my 12yr old kid whose school was only vaxxing the year above her - i petitioned the school to get the 6 kids in her year that had just turned 12yrs to allow them the vax too, because they were just old enough by gov’t guidelines.

Shame we can’t talk about the ‘possible’ waning through fear that it may make some monkeys state side not bother with the vax at all.

3 Likes

As you as you can. Don’t think about it. Just do it.

Did she include a screenshot from an antivaxxer?

Who pushes myths about the vaccine and claims ivermectin works?

Gmafb jt

Amplifying trash is not helpful to this forum regardless of you personal vax behavior.

The goal of these people is to sound reasonable but then twist the information for their twisted purpose.

I expect people to call this out itt. Defending the op is not a good look.

4 Likes

He explicitly pushes myths about the harm from the vaccine (that apparently you believe) to his million followers. The antivax world exploded with this paper just after his video.

But sure Churchill, go ahead and watch his 40 min interview with the guy who had pericariditis or his defense of ivermectin.

Those percentages are also from obviously flawed preprints that you parrot without an ounce of critical appraisal. Woof woof

I think it’s waning, but by less than that preprint states, and you should get a booster, because a boost might take you to a higher level of protection even than you had after two. Wouldn’t mind seeing a few more studies on that last point to shore it up though.

1 Like

JT that paper is literally the trash being amplified

Pfizer is likely waning to a significant degree, but different studies report different numbers, so it’s hard to say how much with any degree of precision.

I’m not sure if immunity is waning or if delta is worse, but it’s probably a little bit of both. Regardless, the estimates in this paper are way off for the reasons stated.