COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

“I’am vaccinated”?

8 Likes

Lol, I caught that too. Fail.

1 Like

Guess I can get this one:

I’m also getting this shirt:

6 Likes

Ha, that reminds me that I need to update the LC thread with my ANTIFA shirt…

2 Likes

Weaponizing deplorable attitudes and instincts against them has always been the winning play but it runs against the world view of the kind of technocrats that go into public health.

So just spent 45 minutes with the warranty service rep for my dishwasher(we are on month 7 of the process). She was talking about how the warehouse and plant Covid rules limiting the number of workers is really slowing things down. I mentioned I was a microbiologist.

She asked-this was man created wasn’t it?
There is no way a mouse or whatever caused that.
She had Covid in October 2019 and has long Covid
Masks don’t work. If masks worked we would be allowed to visit family in hospitals.
She can’t wear a mask. She has breathing problems, anxiety, and claustrophobia.
She can’t get the vaccine. She had a severe reaction to the one time she got a flu shot.

But I wanted my fucking part under warranty so I just gently assured her as a scientist that it wasn’t man-made, masks work, etc. and then let it go

So yes I sold my soul for a pump motor assembly.

7 Likes

Feels like I’m going to waiting forever for a vaccine. :(

On the bright side they are opening up Moderna and Pfizer to 40+ in a couple days and hopefully I will be able to book an appointment for that.

1 Like

Yankees game in some doubt tonight as 5 vaccinated coaches got COVID. All asymptomatic so far.

I think we’re in the same boat, vaccines are hard to come by outside of the city and bigger towns.

FYI I am hearing that there is more supply of Moderna and Pfizer coming, so well probably get those.

Slovakia stopped giving AstraZeneca vaccines too.

Nearly OFB in the CR starting next week. Already have all retail stores open with limited capacity. Respirators no longer need to be worn outdoors.

Here’s more:

-Indoor sports venues will open. One person per 15 m2 of indoor area, with a maximum of 2 people in a group and a total of 10 people on the sports field.

-Maximum of 30 people will be able to play sports en masse on one sports ground with a limit of one athlete per 15 m2 of sports ground.

-Outdoor restaurant and bar areas will be open. Max 4 people to a group with each group 1.5 meters away. probably won’t be enforced effectively at bars. Just gonna have people drinking on the sidewalk outside of bars

-Galleries, museums, fairs and outdoor zoos open. The condition of 15 m2 per person and mandatory respiratory protection apply. It is then necessary to observe two-meter spacings everywhere.

-Theatrical, film and other performances will be able to take place outside. The capacity of the auditorium will be able to be filled by a maximum of 50 percent and the total number of people present will not be able to exceed 700 (WTF?!). Spectators will have to wear a respirator.

-Social events or slaughterhouses will also be able to resume, where 50 people will be able to meet outside and 10 inside.

Condition for entry will be an antigen test not older than 72 hours, or a PCR test, which must not be older than a week. The test will not have to be documented by people who are at least 14 days after vaccination, the case underwent the covid-19 90 days ago at the latest. not sure if the latter two situations need to be proven

High schools are supposed to open on the 24th barring any upticks. But that’s the day for school-leaving exams. So it probably won’t happen until a few days after. Then classes stop due to oral maturita exams for a few days. Basically, I’ll just be killing time for a few weeks before the semester ends.

The athletes will be confined to the village when not competing or training, and we all know what goes down among athletes in the village.

However, the coaches and other officials from the participating nations, for whom vaccinations will also not be mandatory, will have free roam of the city.

1 Like

These fucking people man

Images posted to social media showed that word of Tuesday’s protest had been circulating online and through fliers describing Orange County as “the battleground of the nation.” One resident, Leigh Dundas, took to YouTube to encourage people to show up to the Board of Supervisors’ meeting in droves.

“I cannot underscore enough: This is the hill we die on,” she said. “We cannot allow the people of America to be segregated or to be made prisoners in their own homes.”

One protester Tuesday described the crowd as “patriots,” and said he was there to make it clear that “America in general is not going to be okay with this.”

Behind him, scores of people chanted and waved signs and American flags. Elsewhere, a pop-up tent offered Donald Trump merchandise for sale.

“This is nothing but gaslighting,” one woman said. “The digital passport, the vaccine and the Othena app are the yellow stars segregating us, which is truly the ultimate goal… You’re not going to brand us with a bar code like we are cattle. The Nazis looked like they were winning too for a little while.”

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1392236117915803652

Australia has started its rollout to over 50 which means I am eligible for AstraZenica. Will try to get an appointment next week but not in a rush with 2 cases in the last week.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/deldeib/status/1389956749336236034

https://twitter.com/deldeib/status/1389959687232184323

Holy shit not 3 whole days of January Covid deaths!

3 Likes

I think it’s calling them passports that gets to people.

If they were called vaccine certificates it would get a much weaker response.

I think they should tattoo everyone with a Biden Barcode that is scannable.

Holy shit just give them all money. Why the fuck is nobody else thinking of this? If people are getting shots for fucking free beer, they’re sure as shit going to get shots for money. And the cost of giving them money to get shots is way way way way way way less then teh cost to society of them getting covid.