COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Damn shouldn’t have taken the first offer and waited for a better deal

Maybe 70% is within reach?

https://twitter.com/frankluntz/status/1391807748917039107?s=21

This is good, but there might be a Say/Do gap. In January of each year lots of people also say that they plan to lose weight, but dont follow through. We might see that as cases tail off with increases vaccination then people who are in the “luke warm” camp around vaccination don’t bother following through.

I think it’s mostly a case where the average Joe who doesn’t know anything about anything was just waiting for other people to get the shot and not drop dead/grow a tail or some shit, before committing to getting poked.

That, and once somebody becomes the minority in their family/friend group who’s not vaccinated, tribal instincts kick in and they go ahead and follow suit. Nobody wants to be that one weirdo that’s alone in not getting it.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s a ton of this. The social pressure is way more powerful than statistics for most people.

1 Like

They should start giving out Fortnite emotes as vaccine incentives

12 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9377e3694472fc51a00911820a0cccf5/tenor.gif

3 Likes

Definitive Superhero origin story of the ‘20s.

3 Likes

That’s why we shouldn’t be polling people about abstract hypotheticals. They are not accurate.

Shots could begin as soon as a federal vaccine advisory committee issues recommendations for using the two-dose vaccine in 12- to 15-year-olds, expected Wednesday.

2 Likes

A study came out that 59% of Czechs want to be vaccinated. 26% are opposed and the rest of the sample taken was already vaccinated.

Herd immunity is very doable in this country. Just gotta get more vaccines and more stations for them.

Unclear if high schools will open this year. The week they might open is the week of their school-leaving exams. It would be pretty much pointless to return with there being almost no classes remaining.

3 Likes

OMG do you ever not just fucking doompost? Like, seriously, how can you continuously be this wrong constantly and be so fucking cocksure. The US just had it’s lowest one day Covid death rate yesterday since March 24th of 2020 due to vaccinations. You’re doomcasting about variants is just not borne out by the results in countries with high vaccine uptake, or in the studies.

3 Likes

Meh. There is a pretty solid trend of people following through and a reasonable conversion of folks in the “wait and see” category. We just need the “ASAP” crowd and about 1/3 of the remaining wait and see. 65% seems like a done deal and 70% is possible.

1 Like

In Japan, Internet and phone inquiries by olds for vaccine appointments are literally choking Internet and phone services nationwide.

Meanwhile, we’re still at 2% of the population vaccinated.

The Tokyo Olympics are 73 days away.

2 Likes

Perhaps a Covid olympics where medical professionals compete in contests like Diagnosis the Deadly Virus and Prone-a-patient.

1 Like

At least in the Olympic Village we’ll get to see who wins in a battle of STDs vs Covid.

2 Likes

That will be an important study.

1 Like

11 Likes

15 Likes

Just got results back from a Cov2Quant IgG (covid antibody) lab I had done as part of a study for vaccine effectiveness in patients on certain immunosuppressants. You want a result >1 ug/ml and the results I’ve seen others share were 18, 22, and 30.

Mine says 225 ug/ml. Am I super immune? Or am I misinterpreting something?

2 Likes

Your cell phone service must be phenomenal.

15 Likes