COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

wat

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Tokyo-2020-Olympics/Vaccination-not-required-for-Tokyo-Olympics-athletes-IOC-President

Percentage of Japanese population vaccinated: < 2%

Days until Olympic games begin: < 3 months

Itā€™s already been delayed a year

If Hakuho gets pozzed carrying the Olympic flame Iā€™m gonna riot.

Heā€™s already been pozzed.

It isnā€™t really feasible to delay it again. It should probably just be cancelled, but another delay isnā€™t in the cards

Just host it somewhere else. This isnā€™t hard.

Countries spend years preparing to host the Olympics.

(ā•ÆĀ°ā–”Ā°)ā•Æļøµ ā”»ā”ā”»

1 Like

LA is set to host it in 2028. Couldnā€™t they just trade with Tokyo? Probably too late at this point though.

Lol

It is way too late to switch Olympic cities. Theyā€™ll either hold some version in Tokyo this year or cancel and move onto the ā€˜24 summer games (well the ā€˜22 games first, but thatā€™s another issue)

Maybe the Olympics just end up a relic of the before times, who knows.

Shows you how much I know about Canada. All I know about BC is that there is Vancouver and Vancouver Island which is where Victoria is. Thatā€™s it. The rest is a giant black box.

1 Like

I think you mean giant white box.

Yeah, I guess now that you mention it, that would be more accurate.

British Columbia is 64% of Euro descent. (unless ā€œwhiteā€ meant covered in snow and ice - but then most of BC isnā€™t that cold either)

If patents are not the problem then why donā€™t the pharmaceutical companies step up and say ā€œFor every dose we sell, we are donating another dose to a less fortunate countryā€. None of that coming from any of them.

And agree, if the patents are not the problem why is so much energy being put in to defend them and protect them in this specific instance.

Itā€™s already been delayed a year. Next year is Winter Olympics somewhere.

My cynical view is just cancel it who cares, but I know the athletes dedicate their lives to it.

But not like athletes have not been forced to miss them for reasons not to do with them before.

It just seems dumb to have them and it may be another year before it even makes sense. At that point they should have just been totally canceled.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustDnoes/status/1390462641420840962