COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Like most of Canada, the urban population is ethnically diverse but the rest of the province is extremely Caucasian. BC may be 60%+ Euro, but Vancouver and it’s suburbs are actually minority white. About half the people in BC live in and around Vancouver.

Jesus, thought this sentence was going to end “because i had my second shot 9 days ago and they didn’t want me over till second shot +14.” That at least would have been logical.

4 Likes

I meant snow and ice. And I also meant Canada as a whole, not just BC. That said it wasn’t meant to be too serious a comment anyway.

1 Like

@jalfrezi

Most adults under the age of 40 will be given an alternative to the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine due to a link with rare blood clots.

The UK’s medicines safety regulator says there have been 242 clotting cases and 49 deaths, with 28.5 million doses of the vaccine administered.

It came as the country’s health officials registered a single-dose version of the Sputnik V vaccine on Thursday, dubbed Sputnik Light.

1 Like

Public health experts have recommended one version of the Indian coronavirus variant be made a “variant of concern” in the UK, the BBC has been told.

Public Health England (PHE) is tracking B.1.617.2 which appears to spread more quickly than two other identified subtypes of the Indian variant.

Scientists also believe it is at least as transmissible as the variant detected in Kent last year.

A spokesman for PHE said it would not comment on leaked data.

Because they can’t make the other dose. All the doses they can make are accounted for.

The issue isn’t poor countries can’t afford the vaccines. The issue is rich countries are buying all the supply.

Too late for me - I’ve had both AZs - but good news for the young 'uns.

1 Like

We faded having to get Russian vaccinations by a few votes and a handful of judges.

3 Likes

Looks like the fully vaccinated are gonna be (almost) returning to normal in the Czech Republic in 2-3 weeks.

If you have a certificate of vaccination and it has been two weeks since your second shot, then you’ll almost be able to go business as usual. However, you’ll still have to wear a mask in most indoor places.

I’m stoked about this but this is total bullshit for some because the vaccine has not been made available to everyone in the country yet. So far it’s 50+ years old and those in certain professions or have comorbid diseases. That means the vaccine is probably available to a bit less than half the country. In total, less than 10% of the population has been fully vaccinated and a significant portion haven’t been 2 weeks removed from their second shot.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/05/covid-death-toll-underreported-higher-excess-deaths-study.amp?__twitter_impression=true

12 posts were split to a new topic: Speech on Social Media, Again

UCSF is that bad eh?

may be joking, but UCSF is an elite level med school

That was my understanding but that doctor rocked my belief.

care to explain why?

They kicked me out of the last blindfold tournament after I used my air horn a few times.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1390703360374939648?s=21

2 Likes

Reading the replies looks like there is more context to this (a stupid reporter question to Biden?)