COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Also, if people are so over covid that they’re not going to be able to put mitigation in place they sure as hell aren’t going to stand for schools remaining closed. What is even the argument here?

Yes, it kind of is.

I’m not sure where to go from here. You’re not reading my posts.

The mean was 6.7. We saw spread.

Some of the 6.7 were ineffective protocols. We need 7 good protocols to reduce spread to the same as the online experience. Some of the 7 are easier than those included in the 6.7. It seems reasonable that we can bump up the average when we make the protocols easier to follow.

We also have vaccines.

Schools should open and won’t lead to spread.

1 Like

You’re not reading the paper. Claiming that a paper that demonstrates a clear association with opening and spread means schools can open without spread because of some wish that schools can completely change what they’ve done so far is just incorrect.

1 Like

holy fuk

2 Likes

Keed please tell me if you are sarcastically hearting my posts or actually agree lmao.

1 Like

Certain grudge worthy for a while.

1 Like

Schools can mitigate to spread it about as much as the spready community. We are still gonna kill some kids, and some kids are going to kill their parents by accident.

Presumably some kids have already killed nana with the flu they bring home, so we have already accepted some degree of this.

But is it close enough to the baseline amount of kid disease that we already accept, or should we trade dumber kids for less death.

That’s the only real question imo.

To be fair they were not in season like 4 months ago.

Also I am not sure being anti vax was some sort of lady second wave. This country is mired in obstructionism, opposition and saying no. That has more to do with it than any rational or even irrational medical thoughts.

Plus four months ago Trump was still president.

In the scheme of realities the huge percentage of anti vaxxers just became realized fairly recently.

just been jabbed with moderna shot #2. the vax card is now in my wallet. going to start shopping for tickets to hawaii.

ETA: or Europe!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/eu-vaccine-travel-passports/2021/05/03/4fc0281c-a8f2-11eb-a8a7-5f45ddcdf364_story.html

12 Likes

I feel like to reach herd immunity instead of giving anti vaxxers the vaccine we instead just inject them with the virus.

Seems like win-win to me.

1 Like

Are they though? A lot of the ineffective ones seem fairly passive and don’t require student participation. While the ones being used to replace require the students to actively follow procedures, often all the time.

Any measure that requires the children to actively do something is inherently more challenging to achieve .

No, I don’t think so. Closing playgrounds means not going outside for recess. Not doing that is harder than a daily symptom check, for example.

Disagree. You simply tell the kids they can’t go outside. I would argue that is much easier to implement than regular symptom checks.

Although I question the usefulness of symptom checks, regardless.

To not go on the playground doesn’t require any action by the children. To go through a symptom check requires action by every child, every day.

Kids need to learn how to be more obedient.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have experience teaching/corralling young children? Telling them they can’t go outside is a lot harder than you think.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to do a daily symptom check for my kid and am surprised that isnt the least effective mitigation.

It doesn’t even really require what you are saying in practice, it is really a check the box exercise

2 Likes

It appears supply has surpassed demand in my county:

I think we have about 45% of my county’s population receiving at least one dose.

Lololol

1 Like

Yes, they are trying to do this.