COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

2nd pfz shot yesterday. No apparent side effects except a sore arm.

Nurse asked me if I felt invincible. I told her I’m clumsy, and am just hoping for average … guy giving me the shot took a long time doing it, and I didn’t watch because needles. So I assume that’s when they chipped me.

21 Likes

2nd Pfizer shot a few minutes ago at Javits Center. Lines this time were much shorter. Not surprising considering city-wide sites just went to walk-ins for all, so we must be at supply >> demand.

15 Likes

So you can be like alone in a field with nobody else around and you have to wear a mask?

You don’t have to jump in every time. Give it a rest.

2 Likes

Yes, that was the rule until yesterday

Yes, as Johnny points out, it wasnt followed to the letter (including by me). But it was just easier to have a blanket rule of “when you go out, wear a mask” then any of the alternatives and it acted as a signaling mechanism that the winter surge was serious.

Got my 2nd pfizer shot this morning, feel like a champ

23 Likes

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told a Downing Street briefing the booster programme would “keep us safe and free here while we get this disease under control across the world”.

Question for all the MDs in this thread:

Got my vaccination date and was already sent a questionnaire. One of the questions asked about chronic diseases and I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Is this relevant enough to mention? I don’t want some overzealous vaccination person deny me the vaccine just because I checked yes.

We’re going to be at a majority of UPers at 2nd shot + 2 weeks soon.

Where are you in the COVID vaccine timeline?
  • Over 2 weeks since second shot.
  • Got second shot less than 2 weeks ago.
  • In between first and second shot.
  • Have appointment for first shot (within a week)
  • Have appointment for first shot (over a week away)
  • Eligible, but unable to find appointment.
  • Still waiting to be declared eligible

0 voters

I would guess telling the truth is your best play.

1 Like

I have a patient who has Hashimoto’s who was vaxxed last month. However, I don’t know if she disclosed this on the pre-procedure questionnaire.

1 Like

Just over two weeks by two hours! Freedumb

Call your doctor’s office and ask if you should be vaccinated. If your doctor says yes, you can tell the vaccination people that and they can call to verify if they want. If it’s no then you should probably do what the doctor says.

1 Like

Mention it sure, but they’ll still vaccinate you

1 Like

What vaccination rates could look like … no option on the poll for not gonna get it tho? Nobody on UP is antivaxx or skeptical? Gotta be someone.

I’m ded? Pfizer #2

13 Likes

I tend to get high fevers so expecting the need for some fever reducers, but also anticipate having a few drinks and passing out too. Decisions decisions.

Don’t see how this becomes a thing. The rate is still very small, and basically no one is definitively diagnosed with myocarditis because the gold standard test is ludicrously invasive. Also, if they’re using more cardiac mri that would explain it as well (this is a newer and more sensitive way of finding myocarditis with unknown clinical utility)

1 Like

I’m assuming the gold standard a cardiac cath? It’s the only diagnostic test that I’ve had done to me which I got general anesthesia. Echo, EKG, chest xray and nuclear stress test have all been pretty pedestrian.

1 Like