COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

If you find somebody like that, let me know. It would be nice to discuss a problematic post of my own with somebody who wasn’t posting in bad faith. They’re kind of in short supply on this forum.

I will discuss a problematic post of your own in good faith. Which post would you like me to look at?

Yeah I get it, the captains found the best way to bring up drama was the non-captains “celebrating death”

5 Likes

See the KSR post above. Also, hilariously, ikes has been the most outspoken voice here against making light of COVID deaths.

1 Like

Mmm not so much lately imo.

This isn’t a bad idea. You should make an OP to draw this discussion over there. Or maybe a mod could excise.

I ain’t makng an OP, because I’m lazy and it doesn’t bother me that much. But I definitely see the value in it.

1 Like

Oh so THAT’s what we’re doing here huh?

Anyways AIF, I don’t agree with most of what’s said about people dying here, but I can understand it. Most importantly, it’s coming from an honest place and is an expression of how those people really and truly feel.

Boy you sure can’t shush the heck up with statements suggesting the exact contrary just lately. Not sure you’re the one to be consulting about who really and truly feels things ITT.

I approve of this message.

2 Likes

Why should it be excised? It’s a conversation about one of the main topics of this thread.

On one hand, even complete assholes like Valentine deserve some level of compassion. On the other hand, I get the frustration and anger we’re all dealing with right now. Especially the folks with kids going into unsafe schools. We should aspire to be better people but I’m not about to tone police the thread or browbeat people for laughing at these guys who perish from their own extreme hubris.

Dealing with frustration is one thing; I don’t feel any less of that frustration. I just think it’s basically not cool to foster a culture of reveling in the suffering of those who fall victim to the general culture of disinformation about the crisis. And I extend that even to minor promulgators of that disinformation.

And again, it’s horses for courses. Let’s say Trump had died of covid. That would be objectively hilarious and if it had happened, even now you probably couldn’t shut me the fuck up about it. Because Trump mattered, Trump had power, Trump meaningfully influenced the course of events regarding covid on an international scale. This Valentine guy… didn’t. Again, I’m not asking you to be sorry he died, I’m asking you to show some restraint regarding the fact that he died.

My word to myself is “good on you self. People who purposefully lied to others about the dangers of a deadly pandemic to line their pockets deserve to die as painfully as possible. No shits given, keep up the good work. Although you would also be okay if they died instantly too. Anything that stops them from hurting other people.”

1 Like

You are wrong.

I’m really not, and five years from now, if you ever happen to think of this, you’ll know it.

1 Like

More than one for sure. Due to people not getting vaccinated and the downstream probably quite a few.

He killed people because of you go three degrees of his audience who didn’t get vaxxed he contributed to infections and deaths in that group directly, in order to make money.

That you think there is a difference is weird. Wonder if he called for people to not wear masks and protest vaccines. That would make it worse and expand his circle of damage.

But I don’t pretend all life is sacred and I know some people are a massive negative to humanity and happy to see them go anyway deemed possible. Short or fast I will cheer either.

The prolonged death is literally the icing. It’s delicious but doesn’t make the whole cake.

I don’t care if you guys laugh and make fun of these terrible people. What difference does it make? Im not going to lie I get a little kick out of it. It’s pointless though. Lots of terrible people ready to jump on air and replace that guy. I was just trying to say the people actually there taking care of these people and watching them suffer and eventually die feel terrible for them. It must be a horrible way to go out.

3 Likes

Antibody tests are to be widely offered to the UK public for the first time in a new programme that aims to find out more about how much natural protection people have after getting coronavirus.

Anyone over 18 will be able to opt in when having a PCR test from Tuesday - of those who test positive, up to 8,000 will be sent two home antibody tests.

The first of the finger-prick tests would have to be done as soon as possible after the positive result, so the body would not have time to generate a detectable antibody response to the infection.

The second would be taken 28 days later and measure antibodies generated in response to the infection.

The UK Health Security Agency is to run the programme and will work alongside NHS test and trace services in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to use results to monitor levels of antibodies in positive cases.